Senior Systems Administrator
Provide leadership and technical expertise to execute and lead the planning, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, management and overall support of IT systems
- Install, configure, operate and maintain systems environment that includes Windows OS, VMware, Citrix, Alterian, SQL, Exchange that support client and organizational objectives and requirements.
- Efficiently troubleshoot all issues and problems to ensure a timely and appropriate resolution.
- Execute and manage OS and Application Patch processes and monitor systems for capacity, availability and security compliance.
- Identify all projects and tasks necessary to assess, optimise, proactively manage and maintain enterprise and client systems and infrastructure.
- Ensure that all support requests, projects and other tasks are reviewed, prioritised, addressed and completed in a timely and proficient manner.
- Ensure that all training requirements, tools and other resources needed to proactively manage the environment are identified, acquired and utilized.
- Ensure the efficient use of available bandwidth and resources.
- Ensure that all systems policies, standards, procedures, checklists, agreements, diagrams, inventory, etc . Necessary to proficiently administrate the Windows systems and related infrastructure are developed, properly documented, kept up-to-date and adhered to.
- Coordinate with members of the TSS team, rest of the organization and any others needed to ensure proper implementation, support and maintenance of systems.
- Train and mentor team members.
- On-call duty for non-business hours support.
- 7+ years experience in enterprise Windows design, implementation, management, troubleshooting and overall support.
- 2 + years experience in lead systems administrator roles.
- 3 + years expertise in supporting VMware, SQL, Exchange and Citrix; Thin Client experience preferred.
- Superior team building skills and expertise in communicating effectively with all levels,
- Strong knowledge and experience with diagnostic tools, enterprise applications, TCP/IP, networking and management of processes, projects and personnel.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator certification.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent work experience).
KnowledgeBase Marketing - 30+ days ago