An excellent career opportunity exists within the Barnes Group Inc. for a Senior Systems Analyst to join our Corporate Shared Services in Farmington, CT . This role will encompass analysis, design, testing, coding and user support for all domestic and international locations. This role will also require you to take leadership role on some complex or long term projects. If you are a self-motivated, career-minded individual seeking an exciting growth opportunity, please submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Performs the analysis, planning, development, and implementation of software to support business requirements.
- Maintains and modifies existing application programs.
- Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope.
- Develop analysis and design of systems and / or programs.
- Learns user functions, organization and role in the enterprise to the extent required per project assigned.
- Generate, test, document and support program code
- Ability to organize and perform detailed analysis of business/technical issues.
- Design, create specifications, and perform development and testing of complex application projects in order to meet critical target dates for project implementation.
- Recommend corrective action when necessary to maintain schedules and meet business objectives.
- Provide user training and user and computer operations documentation.
- Work closely with all levels of user management for project development activities.
- Simultaneously perform multiple projects and maintain accountability for all tasks associated with the projects
- Contribute to and support the implementation of software upgrades.
- Manufacturing and EDI experience a huge plus. Previous experience with Infor System21 software package preferred.
- Exceptionally motivated person
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with AS/400 operating system and programming with RPGIII/400 and CL. RPG IV and RPG ILE required.
Barnes Group Inc. (Barnes Group) is an international aerospace and industrial components manufacturer and logistical services company...