GE offers a great work environment and challenging careers. GE is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled.
The Senior Systems Analyst is a key member of GEGR’s Infrastructure’s growing and dynamic organization. The individual will be responsible in implementing Server & Storage projects and will be the driving force for the GE Global Research Cloud adoption initiative.
This position is integral to the future direction of the Global Infrastructure Operations team. The successful applicant will partner with shared service and cloud providers to modernize our server & storage service and provide technical direction to server and storage related initiatives and operations.
Primary functions of this position will include:
- Driving adoption of cloud based offerings
- Partner with shared service organizations to create and maintain sustainable server and storage solutions.
- Provide expertise to enterprise level server & storage projects
- Providing technical documentation, such as guides, standards, and process flows to operational support team
- Ability to work with limited information to lead, create, and innovate based on proven technology and industry best practices
- Be responsible for solution consistency across multiple programs, enhancement and change requests
- Partner with Enterprise Architects, Global Service owners, ISS organizations and vendors to deliver to requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, or related discipline with at least 7 years of overall working experience in IT
- Strong Storage & Unix system administration experience
- Knowledge of Cloud Storage, Windows servers, Vmware, web/application servers & LDAP
- Ability to learn new technology and build in-depth expertise
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Strong analytical skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, senior leadership to associate levels
- Ability to coach, mentor, and drive accountability within the team
- Proven experience accelerating change
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of IT Staff located in multiple sites, including proven effectiveness working with global teams
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 4 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...