- Architect integrated solutions to meet complex needs within organizational constraints and in alignment with the technology strategy
- Lead cross-functional projects in the successful implementation of business growth and transformation projects
- Support the enterprise technologies behind critical business operations
- Provide consistent, satisfying service to both internal and external customers. Provide guidance and leaderful insight in the development of efficient services for all constituents, meeting with customers as needed to gather input for policies and decisions.
- Provide leadership in the management of or participation in projects, especially cross-functional projects involving many staff and departments for a duration of several weeks.
- Design, develop and implement new methods and procedures of the technical solution that meets the requirements of the project. Designs may involve major and highly complex systems. Assess existing systems and recommends technical improvements (e.g., performance upgrades). Solutions may require writing scripts, functions, triggers or other code to produce desired results.
- Recommend, establish business cases, and assist project manager and others in building acceptance of new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures. Conduct and provide moderately complex cost/benefit analysis for new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures.
- Provide detailed documentation of moderately complex system specifications, including system scripts, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods.
- Define system objectives and design specifications in collaboration with business analyst and/or project manager. May establish moderately complex operational databases, software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned.
- Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties and documentation to enhance system efficiency. Maintain file servers and network access; document and analyze more complex system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Define controls, conversion procedures and system implementation plans, may include user training and orientation.
- Assist in leading technical collaboration outside of project team, for example, company lines of service, client IT, vendors, subcontractors. Represent company in new technology planning and take the lead in assessing emerging technologies. Assist clients in articulating and defining their business requirements and assists in preparing the business case justification for technical investment decisions.
- Coordinate with academic affairs, educational technology, telecommunications, database administration and web systems administration staff to enhance communication among various functions to improve overall efficiency.
- Manage the allocation of resources (time and money) in the delivery of services to all constituents.
- Review current literature and plan for future needs in investments of time and money.
- Cross-train colleagues and superusers through formal (structured) and informal (ad hoc) means, developing scalable training modules and publishing institutional knowledge.
- Evaluate vendor products in terms of company needs to ensure that appropriate and relevant products are obtained while maintaining cost effectiveness and company efficiency.
- Serve as a contact for vendors of application products and services; investigates sources of equipment and services and reviews and renews contracts for systems support, services and products to ensure that products and services are relevant and match company standards and specifications.
- Convert Microsoft Access databases to enterprise database-driven solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCAUSE - 18 months ago