This position description is for a Senior Systems Analyst in the IT Department for Synergis Education. Responsibilities will include leading the analysis and definition of business, functional, and system requirements for multiple IT projects. Designing, implementing, and defining support and administration process for technical solutions across Synergis Educations IT projects. Other responsibilities will include coordinating with an outsourced Quality Assurance team, and project oversight throughout the entire project lifecycle, interfacing with the Synergis Education project management team, with educational partner teams, as well as with other internal Synergis Education business units. |
Projects include, but not limited to:
- Partner educational institution integrations, potentially including custom integrations involving Student Information Systems, Finance and Accounting Systems, Marketing Systems, Learning Management Systems.
- Designing and supporting a comprehensive educational services software platform that seamlessly integrates custom and best-of-breed solutions (such as CRM, Student Information System and Accounting systems) that span the student lifecycle.
- Designing and supporting a custom Learning Management System (LMS) / Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Work closely with Synergis Educations Project Management team, with project stakeholders and with customers to analyze and define business and functional requirements, and to derive technical specifications from the requirements.
- Assist in the design and implementation of technical solutions in support of Synergis Educations IT projects.
- Application administration for various commercial software packages (CRM, Accounting, Learning Management Systems, Student Information Systems)
- Data analysis: assist in the data analysis efforts to design custom solutions for partner educational institutions. Specifically: analysis, extraction, synchronization, transformation of student, academic, marketing, and financial data of partner institutions.
- Custom application integrations: working with educational partners to design custom application level integrations. Technical details will vary by implementations; examples include: data-level integration/synchronization across applications, API-level integrations, single sign-on solutions.
- Custom software development: custom applications that support integration efforts (utility apps to automate integration steps); custom administrative applications (such as data aggregation and dashboard applications that provide a full view of the overall student lifecycle).
- Definition and management of software quality assurance plans; working closely with QA team on testing the software.
- Custom LMS / VLE solution development.
- Work across the organization partnering with other Synergis business units in support of partner integration initiatives.
- Lead and manage consultant/outsourced resources.
- Some travel is required.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in systems analysis, software engineering, and/or system design.
- Strong experience in systems analysis and design.
- Experience with Database Management Systems, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL. Data definition and data manipulation experience. Practical experience with SQL is required.
- Experience with reporting tools – such as Crystal Reports, Microsoft SSRS.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Access applications: as interim data stores and as tools to manipulate data.
- Experience with application integration solutions is preferred.
- Experience administering Student Information Systems, Customer Relationship Management Systems, Learning Management Systems is desired.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Demonstrated QA skills and attention to detail required. Practical experience in testing data imports/exports, as well as testing Web applications highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to learn new technical skills required.
- Strong written and communication skills along with abilities to perform thorough analysis (with a strong emphasis on critical thinking abilities)
- Highly motivated, proven ability to work independently, accountable, results driven with strong work ethics.
Direct: requirements analysis/definition, design, support and administration for all Synergis Education IT projects.
Indirect: Mentor and lead other systems analysts as the IT team grows.
CareerBuilder - 16 months ago