mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful.
We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 19,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you
what truly makes us different is our people!
employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business.
Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers’ business, each and every day!
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on…
The Sr. Network Engineer must possess the following:
Extensive knowledge of WAN design, SONET, optical fiber networking, LAN architecture, TCP/IP routing, Wireless, Security, VoIP, PSTN, Windows & Unix operating systems, and application layer activity.
Excel at multi-tasking, time management, and remaining flexible in a highly dynamic environment.
Requires strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interact with customers while presenting complex technical issues.
Preferred Certifications and Experience
- CCIE Routing & Switching (written and Lab completed)
- CCIE- Security
- Familiarity with Cisco ISE
- Juniper Solutions
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, or management information systems and 5+ years related work experience.
- Extensive practical knowledge with security and networking.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems and products.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Project and Visio Professional.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to complete client implementations or services work.
- Travel to and from client locations for both pre-sales support and post-sales implementation.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
The Sr. Network Engineer’s role is to design and implement Routing & Switching solutions and mentor a team of professional service consultants (Systems Engineers).
This position requires a client focus, strong organizational, project management, and conceptual design skills, knowledge of Softchoice Service Delivery concepts, and the ability to lead teams to envision, design, and implement robust IT solutions.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
- LAN switching (including STP)
- IP routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- QoS (LAN and WAN)
- Firewalls (preferably ASA/PIX)]
- Load balancers (preferably Cisco CSS, CSM, ACE or F5 LTM)
- WAN (Frame-relay, ATM, MLPPP)
- Familiarity with IOS, Catalyst OS, and PIX OS
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
M/F/D/V - EOE
Softchoice - 17 months ago
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more...