mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful.
We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 19,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you
what truly makes us different is our people!
employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business.
Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers’ business, each and every day!
Preferred Certifications and Experience:
- CCIE Voice Engineer
- CCNA Voice (CCVP)
- CCDA or CCNP - Preferred
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience with Video Solutions
- CCIE Voice Engineer (written and lab completed)
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, or management information systems and 5+ years related work experience.
- Extensive practical knowledge with security and networking.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems and products.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Project and Visio Professional.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to complete client implementations or services work.
- Travel to and from client locations for both pre-sales support and post-sales implementation.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
The Sr. Systems Engineer role is to design and implement voice solutions and mentor a team of professional service consultants (Systems Engineers).
This position requires a client focus, strong organizational, project management, and conceptual design skills, knowledge of Softchoice Service Delivery concepts, and the ability to lead teams to envision, design, and implement robust IT solutions.
The Sr. Systems Engineer must possess the following:
- Working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.x, 7.x, and 8.x; Unified Contact Center Express 7.x and 8.x; Unity 7.x, and 8.x; Unity Connection 7.x and 8.x; MeetingPlace Express 2.x; MeetingPlace 7.x and 8.x, Cisco Unified Presence 7.x and 8.x; Cisco IOS voice gateways, CUBE, secure voice concepts, secure voice processes and procedures, voice readiness assessment abilities
- In depth understanding of networking and voice protocols (TCP, UDP, GRE, IPSec, SIP, H.323, MGCP, SCCP, etc.) and their analysis,
- Implementation best practices and placement for various IP voice solutions within network infrastructures,
- Understanding of networking and voice applications (DNS, Active Directory, HTTP, etc.)
- Sr. Systems Engineer will proactively research current and future technologies that strengthen or complement the team’s core capabilities. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of business investments and to assist in implementing new processing procedures.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
- Interact with clients to resolve any issues before, during, or after service engagements. Schedule on-site visits when necessary to oversee the team’s implementation success. Maintain familiarity with a variety of consultative concepts, practices, procedures, and industry trends.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support. Assist with design, sizing, Statement of Work creation, and time estimates.
- Provide training when appropriate to ensure our service offerings are properly communicated to prospects and clients.
- Provide continued input to management regarding new ideas and concepts to improve overall quality of service to our clients and partners.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
M/F/D/V - EOE
Softchoice - 2 years ago
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more...