SolutionSet Digital is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Systems Engineer who can demonstrate proof of his/her knowledge and experience working with complex and highly available web systems. We work with numerous Fortune 500 clients by delivering cutting edge solutions. You will be working hand in hand with talented individuals on significant projects every day. If you are looking for an opportunity in a growing, fast paced company, offering unlimited potential, SolutionSet Digital could be the place for you.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, working out of the San Francisco and/or Palo Alto office, you will be part of a team providing the day to day administration, upkeep, development, and deployment of client systems in a heterogeneous but primarily Windows based computing environment. You will be working on client facing and internal projects as well as performance maintenance on client systems. Your responsibility will also include sharing on-call duties with other engineers on the team, to ensure smooth 24x7 operation of our clients’ systems.
We'd like to meet you if you:
- Are a self-starter
- Are professional and possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Work with cloud computing and automation
- Are passionate about technology
- Have the desire and ability to learn new things fast
- Have the ability to think on your feet
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Want to be part of an efficient and effective team
These base technical requirements are non-negotiable; you must possess them and your skills must be up to date. This is a full-time position on-site. Salary is commensurate with demonstrable experience.
- 5+ years of professional Windows Server administration skills (Win2003R2 and Win2008R2), Experience with Windows 2008R2 Data Center edition a plus.
- 3+ years experience with MS SQL (2005 and 2008)
- 2+ years experience with Windows build, integration, and deployment tools
- 2+ years experience with deploying web applications to a Windows environment
- 2+ years experience with VMware 4.x
- 2+ years experience working with Cloud Computing environments
- 2+ years experience with Windows based scripting (you will be asked to write scripts on a whiteboard)
- Knowledge of the interworking of ASP.Net and IIS
- Experience working with Windows based performance monitoring tools
- Experience working with Enterprise Windows based CMS
- Experience working for a creative agency, independent consultant, or a consulting company
- Experience working with clients in person, on the phone and via email
- Ability to plan and execute projects with minimal oversight
- Systems automation experience a big plus
- Experience with Linux a big plus
- LAMP/.NET environment build and configuration experience a plus
- Understanding of current web and internet technologies like IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Memcache, CDN, Dynamic DNS
- Working knowledge of MSSQL, relational database technology, log shipping, replication and clustering
- Working with managed hosting providers like Rackspace, Joyent, Terremark, and others
- Knowledge of load balancing and high availability planning
- Clear understanding of networking technologies (Routers, Firewalls, Switches, etc)
- Monitoring services and on-call experience
At this time, we are unable to sponsor Visas
SolutionSet is an award-winning digital consultancy built from the ground up to combine the thinking, creativity, and passion of a digital agency with the strategy, process, and engineering depth of a technology consultancy. We design and develop web, mobile, social and digital marketing solutions to help leading companies better engage and serve customers. SolutionSet clients include Google, American Express, California Lottery, Cisco, Dell, Duke University,Intel, and TXU Energy. SolutionSet is an Epsilon company.
SolutionSet is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law. SolutionSet is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
SolutionSet offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
SolutionSet - 14 months ago