Job ID: 643
Job Category: Information Technology
ACTIVE Network (NYSE: ACTV) is on a mission to make the world a more active place. With deep expertise in activity and participant management™, our ACTIVE Works® cloud technology helps organizers transform and grow their businesses. We do this through technology solutions that power the world’s activities, as well as online destinations such as ACTIVE.com® that connect people with the things they love to do. Serving over 50,000 global business customers and driving over 80 million transactions annually, we help organizers get participants, manage their events and build communities.
ACTIVE Network has received numerous industry accolades over the past decade. Most recently, the San Diego Business Journal named our company among its Best Companies to Work For and just prior to our IPO last year the Wall Street Journal named Active Network on its 'Next Big Thing 2011' list. In previous years, we have been on the Inc. 500, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 500 and Promo 100 lists.
ACTIVE Network is headquartered in San Diego, California and has over 30 offices worldwide. Learn more at ACTIVEnetwork.com or ACTIVE.com and engage with us on Twitter @ACTIVEnetwork, @ACTIVE and on Facebook.
You will work with a DevOps organized team to create and improve our SaaS platforms and enhance our current customer’s experience with various partners. We are implementing and refining practices that enable the continuous delivery of valuable software to our customers. This includes frameworks that automate deployment and management. However, the tools we use do not define us. What does? Understanding the web and how it works, elegant solutions, Agile methodologies that recognize building software as a service is not like building anything else, and knowing that quality is not just a step in the process, it’s an approach.
The bullets with all the acronyms are below, but the most important thing we need is a sharp, motivated, well-organized person who loves developing application platforms as part of a team (and is good at it). You must bring something to the table technically. You are a professional. You seek the elegant solution. You strive for excellence over good enough. You innovate to solve common problems. You enjoy the nuts and bolts of the platform systems run on and learning new technologies. We work as a team, so your opinion will matter and you can help shape the direction of the platform and the group.
This position will play a key role on the Software Configuration Management (SCM) team and developing/supporting automation around infrastructure, servers, and applications.
Things we know and tools we use:
Traits that will make you successful:
- CentOS, Windows Server 08, 08R2, 2012
- IIS, MSSQL 2005/2008/2012, SCOM, Groundworks
- VMware, SAN technology, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Switches
- Jenkins, Chef, Powershell, (Automation rather than manual processes)
- Agile software development (particularly Scrum)
- Software development cycles, Web standards and usability
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years experience in system administration and engineering
- Proven experience in highly complex environments
- An attitude that any problem can be tackled
- Self-motivated and accountable for your work
- Champion team success over individual accomplishment
- Passionate about learning and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on-call and occasionally overtime
Active Network, Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The Active Network delivers integrated technology solutions, marketing services and online media properties that enable and encourage...