The Senior Systems Engineer (SE) is responsible for technical support of local and remote customers.
Assurance Storage is a data storage software technology company in Louisville, Colorado that develops software solutions for off-the-shelf hardware servers, JBODs, and Solid State Storage. Assurance has a particular emphasis on software innovation for OEM channels. The Company is growing rapidly and expects to sign a strategic partnership with a $4Billion conglomerate as their go-to-market software partner. This will create tremendous opportunities for growth both toward professional growth. Assurance operates mainly in North America at this stage; however, we expect to expand to other geographies over time.
The successful candidate should have 5-plus years of proven storage engineering and administration experience. Candidate must have a strong understanding of storage protocols, connectivity, capacity planning, performance optimization and data protection strategies in a heterogeneous enterprise environment. Ideal candidates will also have experience with large organizations as both customers and partners. Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills are required. Travel of up to 35% may be required.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Fibre Channel switches, network switches and various types of servers.
- NAS Platforms: general experience with NAS Protocols: CIFS, NFS and FTP I/O Multi-pathing techniques in Linux and or Windows
- Software knowledge and user proficiency should include one or more of the Windows, Linux and Solaris operating systems.
- Experience with Storage concept such as RAID levels, LUN / VLUN management, HA, Back Up, etc.
- Familiar with Fibre Channel, iSCSI and SAS protocols.
- Working knowledge of one or more of VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred