The Senior Systems Engineer’s role is to manage and tune internal network and computer systems and ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house and hosted IT systems. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software, hardware, and associated operating systems. Our ideal candidate will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The person will also analyze and solve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely, accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
As Senior Systems Engineer, the candidate will be a key member of the AtHoc IT team and responsible for various aspects of the AtHoc infrastructure; including but not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of computer system administration including hardware/software support and training
- Install, configure, and maintain computer systems and other related equipment
- Manage security solutions including firewalls, anti-virus and intrusion protection systems
- Perform scheduled system administration and maintenance, network tasks, update anti-virus definition files, monitor network servers, and provide internet and intranet user support, and training.
- Back-up and disaster recovery planning and readiness
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures for system security, and server room physical and environmental controls
- Provide on-call support to company staff and customers, as needed
- Analyze and troubleshoot the system logs and track the nature and resolution of problems
- Research and recommend network and server hardware and software
- Assist in coordinating projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving
- Monitor usage to ensure security of data and access privileges; install, support and maintain both physical and virtual network servers and appliances
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot the Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Establish and maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; perform daily server tape backups
- Develop, maintain and implement network support, and archiving procedures
- Build and follow asset management practices
- Keep current regarding new hardware/software products for system enhancements
- Maintain Cisco Unified Communication Servers (CUCM)
- 7+ years of hands-on technical experience on various system elements including Dell/HP servers, CUCM, switches, routers, ASA, load balancers, Firewalls, VPNs, etc.
- Experience with administering and maintaining Active Directory and MS DNS
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows Server 2003 and 2008 and Microsoft Exchange 2003/7/10
- Experience with Cisco UCM 8.x and above is required
- Experience with Microsoft Lync
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including, SIP trunks, IP Telephony, etc.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS
- Experience with IIS versions 6 & 7 & Certificate management
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent administration certification is preferred
- Willingness to travel on work assignments, on a need-basis
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain issues/resolution concepts in technical and non-technical terms to customers and company staff
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent work experience
AtHoc, Inc. - 14 months ago
The AtHoc partner program focuses on marketing and reselling notifications solutions for emergency notifications, force...