We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer based out of our facility in University Park, IL – this position is immediately available
Reporting to the Manager, Systems Integration and Implementations, the Systems Engineer is responsible for providing pre- and post-sales support to sales and technical staff on mass notification systems, RF (two-way radio & broadband) systems, including: quotations, system description, product application, specification review and site surveys. The Systems Engineer ensures that complex system designs meet customer and engineering specifications by performing system design, fabrication, documentation and testing.
• Works in conjunction with the sales team to define product offerings that meet the company’s strategic objectives.
• Evaluates and recommends technology application for the company’s product development.
• Works closely with project managers and installation crews for timely deployment.
• Develops system process flows, system to system interfaces, and inter-process communication approaches.
• Acts as a liaison between customer and engineering division to assist in building new products.
• Responsible for requirements analysis, concept design and systems design for Federal Signal’s new market development.
• Develops, writes and reviews technical specifications for systems / products and integration of products.
• Provides technical presentation and demonstration to customers in pre-sale phase.
• Surveys manufacturing operations to implement manufacturing cost reduction and valuable engineering programs and product improvements.
• Creates detailed budgets and implements necessary changes and adjustments caused by the marketplace and profitability requirements.
*This description is not all inclusive of the total functions/responsibilities that may be required by an incumbent working under this title. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned, needed and required.