This Senior Systems Engineer has direct involvement in helping our customers resolve issues that can occur in their complex installations.The role involves close collaboration with the other groups in the company in order to ensure that our systems run smoothly at customer installations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Understand Grass Valley's current systems and workflows
- Be able to operate most components of the system
- Be able to remotely troubleshoot systems
- Work directly with customers to understand problems and help come to timely resolution
- Share knowledge with other departments and groups so we can learn from the issues and integrate fixes into our solutions
- Some travel may be required to assist on site as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience designing and leading complex engineering projects;
- Experience with work processes, optimization methods and risk management tools
- Experience with analyzing and eliciting customer needs and required functionality in the software development cycle
- Excellent data gathering, analysis, and debugging skills
- Knowledge of systems workflows, network protocols, system level switches, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers
- Experience debugging complex, large-scale systems and applications on Windows platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of information gathering
- Experience working with broadcast video a significant plus
- Managerial experience a plus
- Experience writing unit test using NUnit, Visual Studio, or equivalent
- Knowledge of client-server protocols
- Experience using Windows server technologies such as IIS, WAS, and Active Directory
- Experience in WCF, Web Services, REST, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design.
- Database experience with stored procedures, SQL optimization, and scaling
This position will work together with Customer Support and Engineering daily. This includes co-located and remote site interaction.
External Interactions :
This position will likely have frequent contact directly with customers.
Interaction may take place via the telephone, WebEx and Skype or on site when necessary.