The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of the company’s global systems infrastructure. This position is highly technical in nature, requires excellent technical skills in a variety of competencies, and the ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
The candidate will join a global team of highly motivated engineers who are passionate about technology. The team is responsible for supporting our 24x7 global systems infrastructure. The Senior Systems Engineer will be an active and contributing member of the IT Infrastructure team and will report to the Manager, IT Infrastructure Americas located in Irvine, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Architects, implements, and supports the organization’s global systems infrastructure
• Evaluates current systems environments, conducts research, recommends, and implements innovate systems technology that can enhance the reliability, security, productivity, and efficiency of the IT infrastructure
• Manages projects by developing detailed project plans, procuring necessary resources, monitoring progress, and providing regular status reports to management team
• Develops and maintains documentation of design, as well as, on-going operation and administration of systems infrastructure
• Contribute to and maintains technical standards for systems infrastructure
• Provides mentoring and acts as an escalation point for junior-level engineers, administrators, and technicians
• Provides fourth-tier support for the efficient resolution of systems-related incidents, service requests, and problems; and updates service desk management tool accordingly
• Assists other IT functional teams to troubleshoot critical business systems
Required Knowledge / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field
• Current Microsoft MCSE or higher and VCP certifications are required
• RHCE certification is preferred
• CCNA or other network-related certifications are also preferred
• 10+ years of experience in systems infrastructure design, implementation, and support in a global enterprise environment
• Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of systems technology, such as but not limited to Windows 2003/2008 and higher, Active Directory 2003/2008, MS Exchange 2007 or higher, MS Lynk, Blackberry Enterprise Server, IBM/HP/Dell server hardware, VMware vSphere 4 or higher, Citrix PS 4.5 or higher, RedHat Linux/Solaris, Apache, MS SQL/MySQL, SAN (EMC, NetApp), and Data Center design
• Experienced in deploying systems monitoring and management solutions such as SCCM or SCOM
• Must be able to develop process, procedures, solution proposals, and action/project plans
• High level of written communication and documentation skills
• Possess knowledge in ITIL processes such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Service Delivery, and Continual Service Improvement
• Must be disciplined, dynamic and flexible to manage multiple projects and tasks, work effectively in a rapidly changing environment and meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines.
• Must be able to operate autonomously with little supervision to achieve desired goals
• Participate in weekly on-call support rotation
• Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
• Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
• Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid US Passport
• Travel up to 20% is required
As the largest manufacturer of contactless-access control readers and cards for the security industry, HID has shipped over 150 million...