The System Engineer will be the center of technical expertise on Wireless Termainl Products. The successful candidate is expected to provide overall technical leadership and define direction and identify technical solutions to issues faced by operators as well as end users. The Senior System Engineer should have a deep understanding of mobile device.
Location: San Diego, CA, Dallas, Seattle and/or NJ
Travel : Minimum 15% in North America to include minimal trips to China
Duties and Responsibilites:
* Function as the first point of R&D to operator customers;
* Understand customer requirements and problems, translate them into technical solutions,
Conceptualize and define high level technical architecture of such solutions;
* Communicate critical feature requirements implementations with operator customers;
* Define product system requirements, system design using sound systems engineering concepts, Evaluate solution options, contribute to and review architecture design, implementation and control changes;
* Work with 3rd party vendors, form complete technical solution to fulfill customer requirements;
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Master’s Degree
Major/Discipline: Computer /Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum 5+ years
Skills and Abilities
* An interest in technology and consumer electronics is a must;
* Understanding of software/hardware architecture , mastering wireless terminal E2E behaviors;
* 4+ years working experience and in-depth knowledge of Handsets, and/or mobile broadband, Home terminal products in wireless communication Protocol, mobile OS(Android, windows Phone etc.), mobile applications;
* Hands-on development experience in SW and/or hardware areas;
* Demonstrate ability to handle technical, schedule risks of projects, understanding the impact to customers ;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including good presentation skills;
* Deep understanding of systems engineering concepts and processes of definition and requirements collection, analysis and etc.
* 6+ years working experience including 3+years of system engineering;
* Experience with/for operators and understanding of the terminal related problems that wireless operators face is strongly desired;
* Working experience with telecommunication standard bodies is a big plus;.
Huawei - 21 months ago
Huawei Investment Holding knows the importance of good connections. One of China's leading manufacturers of telecommunications...