Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides
information management services that help organizations
lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing
their physical and digital data. The company's solutions
enable customers to protect and better use their
information—regardless of its format, location or
lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their business and
ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery.
Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of
information assets, including business records,
electronic files, medical data, emails and more for
organizations around the world. Visit
www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter at
www.twitter.com/IronMountainInc for more information.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Systems
The Senior Systems Engineer performs complex projects
involving the analysis, maintenance, and implementation
of storage devices, storage networks, and data
protection software and systems. This position provides
the technical skills to implement technical strategies
evaluate products and provide a superior level of
- Participates in the coordination, design,
deployment, development, and expansion of all
storage management related technologies.
- Coordinates departmental activities to ensure
effective deployment of technologies.
- Serves as technical resource for departmental and
company wide IT storage solutions.
- Identifies potential problem areas and develops
- Analyzes, and implements SAN/NAS equipment.
- Proactively monitor storage hardware and address any
issues that arise.
- Evaluates customer’s data protection requirements
and designs solutions to ensure the protection
scheme and availability of data meets their needs.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars,
reading trade articles, or taking classes, and
implement or recommend the implementation of new
- Coordinates assigned service requests to meet
requesting department dates within established
- Establishes and maintains effective working
relationships with end users, vendors and managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Minimum 4 years experience with enterprise class
disk storage hardware and software installation,
testing, and operation.
* Demonstrated understanding of UNIX concepts and
* Demonstrated shell and or PERL scripting skills.
* Must possess the ability to quickly master new
concepts and products.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and
verbal to consult with management, business partners
* Demonstrated capacity for organization,
prioritization and management in a dynamic
* Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical
* Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or
Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Highly Desirable Experience:
- IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) storage
virtualization technology and Tivoli Storage
Productivity Center (TPC).
- IBM N Series or NetApp network attached storage.
- Experience managing enterprise class fiber channel
attached storage arrays such as HP-XP24K storage
arrays (or equivalent HDS USP-V / Sun Storagetek
9990V arrays) and associated management software
such as CommandView AE, Remote Web Console, and HP
- Experience with encryption solutions such as
Vormetric and IBM TKLM a plus.
- Knowledge of CommVault Simpana or other enterprise
class backup solutions a plus.
The ideal applicant will have current exp. in Systems
At this time we are considering only local candidates
who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No
agencies or phone calls, please.
Only those candidates whose experience best meets our
requirements will be contacted.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Iron Mountain - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information...