This position will support the PMA-281’s CCS Development effort. CCS is designed and developed to be a common ground control system for Unmanned Systems (UxS) by providing integrated leading edge COTS/GOTS technologies to support rapid integration of new or legacy platforms. The qualified candidate will be an experienced System Engineer proficient in understanding and interpreting customer requirements, and analyzing, decomposing, deriving, managing and developing requirements for systems components of the CCS system and experienced in all aspects of project management (cost, schedule, performance), coordinating with the PMA-281 IPT leadership, NAVAIR POCs, and other external stakeholders. The CCS Senior Systems Engineer will manage the Systems Engineering Team composed of 7-12 Systems and Test Engineers, be responsible for complying to the CCS architecture and requirements, will also be responsible for planning, system design, and development to meet project requirements. .
An advanced degree or BS/BA degree in math, science, or engineering, as well as demonstrated outstanding original contribution in unmanned systems and ground station systems design, development and testing. A minimum of fourteen (14) years progressive experience from basic knowledge to positions requiring extensive knowledge and skills in specialty area. Masters and Ph.D. degrees in specialty may be used for 2 and 5 years of experience, respectively. Demonstrated experience in design, development and testing of DoD-related unmanned systems and ground station systems, with experience at NAWCWD/China Lake a plus. U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain an interim and a permanent U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
- Lifting and moving light to medium (10# - 40#) laboratory equipment
- Occasional high noise level as expected in an electronic testing and technical machining laboratory
Equipment and Machines:
- Laboratory environment ( electronic design laboratory, machine shop, computer workstation)
- Needs to work well with, co-operate, and support clients, supervisors, and co-workers
- Normal indoor and outdoor laboratory climatic conditions
- Hazardous conditions only as it pertains to the safe operation of electronic and mechanical related equipment
- Standard office equipment and machines. Computer workstation and operation of laboratory measurement devices.
- Standard laboratory electronic and mechanical test equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may include; safety shoes, hearing protection, hard hat protection
Other Essential Functions:
- Normal hours are Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 5:00pm, non-flex Fridays 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines
- Regular attendance is necessary and required
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
- Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
- Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
- Current driver’s license, car registration and auto insurance required
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain an interim and a permanent U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...