Senior Systems Engineer
Provide leadership and technical expertise in designing, planning, implementing, managing and supporting enterprise IT systems
- Design, plan and implement systems architectures that support client and organizational objectives and requirements.
- Support environment that includes Windows OS, VMware, Citrix, SQL, Exchange and various applications.
- Identify, plan and lead projects and tasks necessary to assess, optimise, proactively manage and maintain enterprise and client systems and infrastructure.
- Ensure all support requests, projects and other tasks are reviewed, prioritised, addressed and completed in a timely and proficient manner.
- Ensure that all training requirements, tools and other resources needed to proactively manage the environment are identified, acquired, implemented and successfully utilized.
- Identify, document, publish and uphold systems policies, standards, procedures, checklists, agreements, diagrams, inventory, etc .
- Efficiently troubleshoot all issues and problems to ensure a timely and appropriate resolution.
- Coordinate with members of the TSS team, rest of the organization and any others needed to ensure proper implementation, support and maintenance of systems.
- Train and mentor team members.
- Perform on-call duty for non-business hours support.
- Complete any other tasks necessary to accomplish the mission.
- 7+ years experience in enterprise Windows design, implementation, management, troubleshooting and overall support.
- 3-5+ years experience in senior systems engineer roles.
- Expertise in VMware, SQL, Exchange and Citrix required; VDI and Thin Client experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with diagnostic tools, enterprise applications, TCP/IP, networking and management of processes, projects and personnel.
- Superior team building skills and expertise in communicating effectively with all levels.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator certification.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent work experience)
KnowledgeBase Marketing - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard