Systems Administrator/Senior Systems Engineer
MB Consulting Group, a provider of customized IT services located in Clayton, has career opportunities available for Senior Systems Engineers to join our growing team. If you are ready for change, growth and an environment that moves quickly to jump on the needs of our clients and staying ahead of technology trends, then MBCG is the place for you!
MBCG offers its staff an opportunity to learn and continuously develop their skills throughout their career. We pride ourselves on being strategic, technological partners to our clients and know that our staff makes the difference in providing excellent service.
We offer employer paid health insurance for our employees, time away from work benefits and also pay 100% of parking along with other benefits, but more importantly, an exciting, challenging career path.
As a Tier 3 Senior Engineer you are responsible for researching and investigating new technologies that will help us deliver world class service to our clients. Your passion for technology is balanced by your understanding of processes and procedures, and how they relate to small business. As a mentor to the technical team, you will lead by example. You will provide innovative solutions that showcase your strong knowledge of Microsoft products. Working with the IT Services Manager, you will plan, implement, and improve technical processes to improve service delivery. We are located in Clayton, Missouri, but travel throughout St. Louis will be required and most work will be performed at client sites.
- Provide technical leadership to Service Desk and field technicians
- Tier 3 problem management, diagnosis, escalation, tracking, and resolution.
- Conduct network assessments and design for clients
- Provide Microsoft server and desktop product support
- Design and implement data networks
- Provide outstanding customer service and a positive support experience by interfacing directly with clients on issues, communicating in a clear, concise manner
- Serve as a functional escalation point and diagnose and resolve technical issues the team is unable to resolve
- Follow established processes and standards, identify and propose improvements as necessary
- Maintain a high level knowledge of network and voice technologies
- Assist in developing technical documentation to improve training and service delivery
- Project management responsibilities
- Research and investigate technically sound solutions for small business technology
- Act as a resource or team lead on infrastructure projects
- Provide onsite client service as required
- Provide after hours and on-call support as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please apply online at:
- 5 – 7 years industry experience, preferably in a managed services provider environment
- Microsoft Sharepoint and SQL administration a plus
- Project lead experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability and comfort with working directly with clients
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to write technical processes and procedures
- MCSA or MCTS certification or higher, Cisco CCNA certification or higher preferred
- Willingness to travel within the St. Louis area