Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
General Position Description:
MTSI is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to support our Intelligence Space and Information Systems Group. This position will support the Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Directorate at the Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base. This position will be responsible for monitoring and facilitating Program contractor satellite ground system test activities. Candidate will monitor, identify, document and report technical disconnects relating to the ground system readiness planning and operational readiness planning of SBIRS follow-on production satellites. Position will review prime contractor and government Early Orbit Test (EOT) team training, rehearsal preparation, anomaly resolution, and initial performance and provide guidance to the government Task Lead on a routine basis. Strong background in satellite ground system test preferred.
Engineering Support : On a weekly basis, the BPA holder shall monitor the execution of the systems engineering processes for all of the AF Space Overhead Persistent Infrared OPIR development, production, sustainment, and future programs to ensure compliance with the technical requirements on contract, all mission assurance practices as defined in TOR-2007(8546)-6018, the SBIRS System Engineering Plan (SEP), AFI 63-1201, SMC 63-1201, and SMC-S-001. The BPA holder shall provide a written technical assessment identifying any disconnects between actual and planned performance to include any deviations in costs, schedule, quality, and all resulting impacts. The BPA holder shall develop three (3) potential solutions to include recommendations for Government program management action, and upon completion, provide the written analysis it to the corresponding IS Task Lead. The analysis shall encompass the enterprise level, all space systems, and all ground systems. The analysis shall be for the programs at Los Angeles Air force Base as well as at the program contractor on-site locations in Sunnyvale, CA; Boulder, CO; and Azusa, CA. (CDRL A004, A005)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- 10 years relevant satellite ground system test and evaluation experience.
- Knowledge of OPIR architectures to include space and ground segments
- Ability to gather and analyze data, compile information, and prepare reports and briefings.
- Strong ability to compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to quick turn-around requests.
- Experience providing test and evaluation support to space acquisition programs developed under National Security Space (NSS) Acquisition Policy 03-01.
- Experience using operational utility evaluations to assess mission performance
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Test & Evaluation Certification Level II or III
- Integration of operational and developmental testing activities
- Experience performing oversight of contractor test and evaluation planning, execution, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, initiate, coordinate, and execute a variety of tasks or special projects of varying scope and complexity.
- Knowledge of various government policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in engineering (Master’s degree desired)
Clearance Requirements: Top Secret
MTSI is an equal opportunity employer
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. - 2 years ago