PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The Company's pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package, and investment into employee career development and advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge. We are currently growing and are in need of a Senior Systems Engineer in our corporate office located in Depew, NY.
Lead in the design, build, configuration, deployment, maintenance and support of PCB servers and related systems. Systems should be implemented with consideration to connectivity requirements, maintenance, shared environment planning, and security. The systems include, but are not limited to file servers, Active Directory domain controllers, SAN, Syteline (ERP), CRM, MS Exchange, and telephony support systems.
Requirements: Minimum of a four year technical degree. A graduate level degree is preferred or equivalent training. Ten or more years of experience in the information technology field. Minimum of five years in a role responsible for production systems in an enterprise environment. Basic understanding of manufacturing operations. Strong knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server including Enterprise and Cluster deployments, Active Directory and policy administration, SAN (EMC), Terminal Server and Citrix, SQL Server, MS Exchange, ODBC connectivity, and IIS. Experience in antivirus, antispam, firewalls, and IDS systems is desired. Certifications a plus. Cisco network gear, Lotus Domino, Progress, and Syteline (ERP) background are pluses. Should have proven problem solving abilities and experience employing a logical troubleshooting methodology.
- Maximize service availability using a holistic approach of system and environment management.
- Administer all aspects of WinTel server environment including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of hardware, operating system, and applications.
- Manage hardware and software inventory through its lifecycle. Maintain accurate records of system hardware and software. Design, create technical specifications, and determine Bill of Materials for system replacements.
- Administer all aspects of the enterprise wide Exchange messaging system. Components include internal, external and wireless access, message retention and restoration, and anti-spam and anti-virus efforts.
- Employ a technical change management process and testing strategy.
- Lead security administration of all systems through management of accounts and NTFS permissions. Employ best practice security configurations and policies. Evaluate system security state and make recommendations. Administer anti-virus efforts across servers and workstations for the enterprise.
- Oversee a system wide patch and service release strategy for operating systems and applications.
- Manage PCB's remote access and internet connectivity, including Citrix Metaframe, firewalls, and VPN components.
- Monitor and optimize system performance. Develop system to record and report on relevant system performance metrics.
- Lead business continuity efforts, including data backup management, DR planning, and recovery exercises.
- Evaluate and recommend technology solutions to meet business objectives. Perform analysis of expected time and monetary costs vs. benefits, short tem/long term growth, storage requirements and upgrade path.
- Work with vendors to create bill of materials, and assist in the evaluation and negotiation of contacts and agreements.
- Act as a cooperative member of the Information Technology Team.
- Document production systems and cross-train other team members for a strategic depth of knowledge.
- Performs System Maintenance and upgrades in available maintenance windows outside of normal business hours.
- On-call for after hours systems alerts and emergency user issues.
- Act as secondary contact and on-call backup to Network and Telephony Engineer.
- Keep current on the latest technologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. offers one of the most dynamic benefits packages in Western New York, including the opportunity to receive 100% fully paid health insurance premiums, 401k, profit sharing, and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a completed application , or apply in person
(using reference # 2011-147:)
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer