The Senior Systems Engineer will provide essential IT infrastructure architecture, planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of our enterprise-level application, server and network-related systems. These include all servers, Storage Area Networks (SANs), network devices, firewalls, load balancers, phone systems, directory services, workstations, mission-critical corporate and production applications, local data center and offsite production and disaster recovery sites. This is a senior-level position that carries operational support responsibilities as well as serving as an escalation point for team members. Must be comfortable working in high-pressure situations while maintaining unyielding professionalism & remain sensitive to each customer's unique business needs & expectations.
This is a pivotal IT position with responsibilities that range from providing long-term technical leadership, project management, strategic recommendations, implementing, managing and ensuring the continued health/performance and security of the company’s complex applications, systems and data networks.
· Subject matter expert for the company’s server, virtualization and network infrastructure
· Research and development of solutions to complex server, workstation, operating system and application issues
· Design, installation, configuration and maintenance of all network-related systems
· Monitoring and troubleshooting of applications
, systems, and network performance and security issues
· Administration of both production and corporate servers to ensure performance, security, reliability, recoverability, availability and scalability.
· Development of detailed processes and documentation
· Maintains and administers replication and disaster recovery solutions
· Perform routine capacity analysis of the company environments & trending forecasts; present findings and recommendations for expansion/upgrades and justification to management
· Coordinate activities with external vendors as required
· Provides technical leadership and mentoring for team
· Provide troubleshooting and incident management/response for server outages and performance issues
· Advanced experience in administering Windows 2008, SQL 2008 R2, IIS and SharePoint in a production environment
· 5+ years working with Microsoft Windows and Active Directory environments
· Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and WINS and networking technologies
· Expert working knowledge including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot virtualization technologies
· Able to write VBScript, PowerShell to automate Windows tasks
· 5+ years experience with Microsoft Windows 2008 Server, Microsoft SQL 2008 Server, Microsoft IIS 2008 Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server
· 2+ years experience with Dell Servers and Dell Server storage
· Strong interpersonal and team skills needed to work well with peers, customers, project managers, and vendors alike
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and handle complex matters with minimal supervision and excellent follow-up skills
· Ability to document complex network environments
· Has demonstrated experience with IT strategy development
· Experience with infrastructure project management, infrastructure deployment, support of mission-critical - end-to-end infrastructure solutions, security design and operation and vendor management is necessary
· Superior analytical troubleshooting, project planning/tracking and oversight capabilities
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· A knack to learn hardware/applications/support tools and to reach expert level quickly
· Has an aptitude for working in a collaborative atmosphere as a productive team member
Technical training is available as it is deemed necessary for job performance and success.
Education and Industry Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Science or related fields also qualifies. Advanced degrees are preferred, along with technology certifications (Microsoft MCITP).
Rivet Software - 20 months ago