ACTIVE Network (NYSE: ACTV) is on a mission to make the world a more active place. With deep expertise in activity and participant management™, our ACTIVE Works® cloud technology helps organizers transform and grow their businesses. We do this through technology solutions that power the world’s activities, as well as online destinations such as ACTIVE.com® that connect people with the things they love to do. Serving over 50,000 global business customers and driving over 80 million transactions annually, we help organizers get participants, manage their events and build communities.
ACTIVE Network has received numerous industry accolades over the past decade. Most recently, the San Diego Business Journal named our company among its Best Companies to Work For and just prior to our IPO last year the Wall Street Journal named Active Network on its 'Next Big Thing 2011' list. In previous years, we have been on the Inc. 500, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 500 and Promo 100 lists.
ACTIVE Network is headquartered in San Diego, California and has over 30 offices worldwide. Learn more at ACTIVEnetwork.com or ACTIVE.com and engage with us on Twitter @ACTIVEnetwork, @ACTIVE and on Facebook.
- Provides advanced system support to internal clients (call center and customer service) and external clients (government agencies).
- Manages server infrastructure in data center.
- Upgrades software and patch, and fix or replace hardware as needed.
- Installs new server or system to support Contact Center solution.
- Monitors system operation and security issue, and works through problems as needed.
- Performs advance troubleshooting of technical issues, and evaluates current and foreseeable future requirements to determine appropriate solutions.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that systems are properly documented, controlled for change, and monitored for uptime.
- Facilitates the selection and implementation of server infrastructure and application to match the needs of the call center business.
- Develops project plans, and executes implementation plans.
- Collaborates with other team members.
- Supports desktop support staff and operation staff in call center.
- Escalates critical production issues through the proper chain of command.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Depending on location, may need to travel to attend meetings, job-related training, client site, and/or to assist at other locations.
- Trouble-shooting from remote location when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and 6 years relevant experience required.
- Minimum 4 years experiences with managing Microsoft Windows Server and Linux Server.
- Experience with supporting Terminal Server, Thin Client, VMWare, proxy server, Juniper VPN, or Avaya/Verint call center application is a plus.
- Areas of experience strongly preferred in server hardware, software and monitoring tools, knowledge of common application issues, knowledge of supporting VoIP communication, experience with supporting call center operations and production systems, and expert level technical troubleshooting experience.
- Must have the ability to work both in a team environment and independently and have solid customer service skills.
- Strong self-management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills required with abilities to resolve issues in a fast paced environment. Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of technology staff, call center staff, and management.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, possess a high level of self motivation, and have excellent work ethic.
- Needs to be adaptable and possess solid organizational and time management skills.
The incumbent of this position must be able to use a computer and telephone and sit for extended periods of time. The abilities to read, understand, retain and write instructions and policies are also required for the job. Must also be able to communicate with others in a manner that communication exchanges are understood and able to be acted upon. Incumbent must be able to drive to and from remote location. The incumbent will need to be able to install hardware and wire cable, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Incumbent will typically be working in an office setting.
On Call after business hours and Overtime Required as Needed