We have an opening in IT for a Senior Systems Engineer. The position is responsible for network support, installation and maintenance of network hardware and software systems, as well as software application support of Internet content delivery and general business systems. Individual will manage server application environments, administrate network and Email systems, troubleshoot LAN/WAN problems, manage and coordinate vendors, maintain system backups for all server systems, and will be responsible for ensuring system security to established standards. This position will provide secondary support to the helpdesk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Server & Application Support
- Provides installation, support, and monitoring of web content delivery systems and business applications.
- Provides routine server hardware maintenance and server upgrades/patches.
- Maintains both physical and virtual servers – and upholds server software standards.
- Troubleshoots server problems, takes appropriate action to minimize down time.
- Monitors server usage, scans system for abnormal or excessive usage.
- Makes hardware and software upgrade recommendations.
- Keeps Business leaders and stakeholders apprised of critical issues, and develops/executes a technology roadmap.
Electronic Mail support
- Designs and maintains AD directory services and related systems.
- Oversees administration and scheduling, and monitoring of backup systems for all server data.
- Performs user additions and changes to ensure employees have proper and timely access.
- Monitors network routers and WAN connections proactively for proper operation.
- Monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots Remote Access systems.
- Monitors Internet connection, troubleshoots connection problems.
- Works directly with end users to resolve network problems.
- Designs and maintains Linux (Ubuntu) systems for infrastructure and web services.
- Supervises administration of email systems.
Manages outside vendors
- Ensures that all network and servers adhere to strict security standards.
- Ensures that all data is secured as per business need and PCI regulations.
Helpdesk support (as required)
- BA/BS with 5+ years of system engineering and 3+ years of team management.
- Subject matter expert in Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL, Hyper-V, Cisco IOS, Ethernet and fiber fabrics, Layer 7 load balancing and knowledge of MAC (OSX).
- MCSA/MCSE Certification.
- Solid troubleshooting ability, solid customer service, organizational and documentation skills.
- Expert level support experience with Microsoft Active Directory, MS Exchange Server and MS office suite products.
- Expert grasp of Internet concepts, security practices, and use.
- Expert knowledge of MS IIS web services, and experience managing Hyper-V virtual server environments.
- Experience with FC and ISCSI SAN’s (Dell/IBM) LSI, SAN.
- Microsoft certified engineer preferred.