Verisk Health builds a smarter healthcare ecosystem through analytics. Our 1,500+ global professionals work at the intersection of high tech, healthcare, and “big data” in order to realize audacious aspirations for our healthcare system. Be it eliminating fraud, waste, and abuse; guiding population health management with data-driven insights; improving revenue cycles for our clients; or re-envisioning support systems for new models of healthcare delivery, we hold ourselves to a single standard: having immediate and outsized impact for our clients, and by extension, the broader health community.”
We are a global business headquartered in Richmond, VA and have several office locations in the US and internationally. Verisk Health is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verisk Analytics, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRSK), a global provider of data, analytics and risk management solutions to companies and professionals in multiple industries. With nearly a billion dollars in annual revenues Verisk Analytics, provides VH with the stability and resources needed to quickly and efficiently capitalize on market opportunities in the dynamic health care industry.
Verisk Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, support, backup, recovery and integrity of enterprise servers, associated OEM vendor software and workstations.
- Responsible for Security, Firewall rule sets, Intrusion Detection Systems, Virtual Private Networks, Domain Name Systems, VLAN Dynamic Host Configuration, RAID, Samba Domain, Disaster Recovery, PGP, Apache, IIS, Mail Systems, Database Systems, Routing Protocols and Networking Hardware.
- Provides support for various communications protocols (TCP/IP, UDP). Ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems as they relate to communications protocols.
- Diagnose a problem’s cause even when it is not within the program in question. Assist in debugging systems without extensive prior knowledge of the system.
- High school and technical school training or equivalent college degree desirable, preferably in Computer Science.
- Eight to ten years’ experience in information systems with four to six years’ experience in system programming in a distributed system environment.
- Demonstrated mastery of the following operating systems: Unix/Linux, Windows Server.
- Strong knowledge in one or more communication protocols for networking in a Unix/Windows and/or client server environment and in one or more program products and subsystems.
- Based on specific area of focus, knowledge of one or more RDBMS may be required.
- Strong knowledge in two or more of the following programming languages (one on each platform): PERL, C#, C/C++, Visual Basic, or SQL.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
Interthinx - 7 months ago