We are seeking a Senior Systems Security Engineer, Southeast Region to join our growing team. Our Senior Systems Security Engineer conduct in-person and remote product demonstrations in conjunction with an assigned Sales Account Executive to present the technical value proposition. In this role engage with the customer as the technical lead throughout the pre-sales evaluation cycle to ensure success and deliver training to customers and partners. YOu will engage with newly signed enterprise customers as a Proofpoint product expert to implement Proofpoint solutions at their sites. Implementation activities include installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customization, testing, and documentation.
Atlanta is preferred, but Proofpoint will consider candidates in the Charlotte, Miami, and Houston areas.
- Technical pre-sales support for direct and channel sales teams
- Support Proofpoint seminars and trade shows
- Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions, designs, proof of concept and implementation
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
- Be a strong voice for your customers into the Marketing and Engineering teams to improve the product and ensure that Proofpoint deployments successful.
- Coordinate with multiple parties -- internal departments as well as the customer --to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution to technical issues, and completion of projects
- 4+ years industry experience in sales engineering
- Technical background in messaging and internet security
- UNIX/Linux system administration experience
- A thorough understanding of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc)
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Prior experience in selling software to Fortune 500 or other large companies
- Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of a sales engineer
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to present and explain technology to people with less technical knowledge
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, high stress start up environment
- Ability to work independently, ability to adapt quickly, positive attitude
- BSCS/BSEE or equivalent
- Ability to travel 25-75%
- Experience in working in a remote office
Proofpoint - 10 months ago