Systems Security Engineer needed to provide senior level technical support for warfare center Information Assurance Manager (IAM) and command IA office requirements. Will also provide technical support to other departments within the warfare center. Will help in developing or researching tools (COTS, GOTS, open source and other) or capabilities to more efficiently perform IA functions, as well as monitor systems and proactively address threats, and vulnerabilities.
- System Administration duties on the IA Support Environment systems as directed by the command IAM.
- Log analysis and incident handling.
- Assessing and providing correlation of events and other activities to enable defense of various activities.
- Conferring with and advising peers on administrative and technical policies and procedures.
- Supporting analysis including network traffic patterns, security requirements, future growth requirements, feasibility for virtualization, resource requirements, risk mitigation, functional analysis, interface systems analysis, technical assessments, technology benchmarking, enterprise architecture analysis, and requirement analysis.
- Meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level III certification requirements at time of employment (IAT level III)
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific, engineering, or computer related discipline from an accredited institution and eight years of experience in systems design, development and integration. 12 years of relevant experience may be substituted.
- Knowledgeable in DoD security and IA requirements as outlined in DoDI 8500.2 and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG)
- Working with computer programming and scripting languages
- Performing system administration (configuration and patching) duties on Windows and/or Linux assets
- Current knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) policies and standards is preferred
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/R2; Windows 7
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a clearance at the SECRET level.
- Working with the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Knowledge of DoD IA policies, guidance, and best practices
- Working with SCAP benchmarking tools and outputs
- Log analysis and incident handling
Please email your resume and salary history to the RMC Human Resources Department at HR@rmcweb.com. RMC offers an attractive benefit package that includes health and dental insurance, paid holidays and vacation, tuition reimbursement, and a competitive 401(k) Plan. RMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified women, minorities, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply for RMC job vacancies. Visit our website at www.rmcweb.com.
Southern Maryland Online
- 2 years ago - save job