- Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. (“Aequitas Capital”), with nearly $500 million in assets under management, is a credit-focused investment management firm that builds income-producing alternative investment solutions to institutional and high net worth clients. With our lending and fund management platform, we focus on high yielding strategies within education, healthcare and private credit.
The purpose of the Senior Tax Accountant position is to accumulate, assemble, evaluate, and maintain tax compliance information and data. They will work directly with outside tax preparers in the preparation of Federal, State, and local taxes. The successful candidate will oversee tax compliance and accounting for income taxes, work with management in tax planning and research, and interface with Aequitas partners and outside service providers.
• Manage tax compliance process, including compilation of supporting data, coordination with outside service firm and administer process and internal communication.
• Maintenance and monitoring of book/tax differences
• Prepare annual tax provision under ASC 740 for applicable entries
• Act as liaison with outside professional tax advisers
• Prepare in-depth forecasting for the partnership and its partners
• Attend or assist in the preparation for meetings of management and the partners to identify potential tax concerns or opportunities
• Research tax matters and document for files or presentation to management
• Maintenance and enforcement of a tax reporting due date calendar system
• Research and respond to notices and inquiries from tax or other authorities and auditors
• Maintenance of fixed asset accounting system.
• Support of tax related requirements of payroll, human resources or other departments
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal tax regulations
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• BS/BA in Accounting or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
Professional Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
• Licensed CPA
• Minimum 5 years of professional tax experience or comparable industry experience
• Proficient with MS Office applications and tax research tools
• Experience with Great Plains accounting software and FRX report writer preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Broad technical background and experience with pass-through entities and their partners. Investment partnerships knowledge is a plus.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, State and local tax law.
• Understanding and knowledge of ASC 740
• Strong analytical ability to identify challenges, provide solutions, and resolve problems in a timely manner. Detail oriented.
• Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage competing priorities and internal and external deadlines
• Ability to work independently with limited guidance
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to discuss highly technical issues with management and the partners.
• Capability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
• Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
• Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
Aequitas Capital Management offers a competitive base salary and benefits, including an annual bonus program, company-paid medical, dental, life and disability, as well as a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...