Senior Tax Accountant
Purpose of Position:
This position will primarily support the US & Canada corporate income tax process. The individual will be responsible for the income tax returns, annual tax provision, and related compliance. Specific responsibilities will include monthly reconciliation of income tax related general ledger accounts, estimated tax payment computations, annual tax provision computation, preparing income tax return schedules, assist with forecasting taxes, and contribute towards the development and achievement of the Business Unit financial plans .
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations related to income taxes
- Preparation of estimated tax payments
- Preparation of annual US and Canada tax provision
- Preparation of US and Canada schedules used by outside accounting firm to prepare the tax return
- Work with the various departments and field locations to maximize tax credit programs
- Assist with income tax audits
- Monitor tax legislative changes that impact the business
- Forecast impact of shifts in apportionment factors
- Tax research
Benefits : National Express Corporation offers a full package of benefits and paid time off.
- Strong commitment to providing excellence in client service and a demonstrated ability of producing high quality results
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Thorough technical tax knowledge
- Ability to work with internal clients in a proactive manner to strengthen the control environment
- 4 - 8 years US corporate income tax experience (Canada experience is helpful)
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Accounting from accredited four-year college or university (Masters in Taxation is preferred, but not required)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently from general supervision
- Professional certification (CPA or CMA) is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Oracle, and CCH
To Apply : Interested, qualified candidates please submit your resume and cover letter below or under the “Join Our Team” Section of our website at www.nationalexpresscorp.com .
National Express Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Durham School Services - 17 months ago
Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in passenger transportation, the company serves riders in North America,...