Position is responsible for corporate federal, state and local tax compliance, reconciliation and coordination of tax jurisdiction audits and proper collection and remittance of sales and use tax as required.
• Approve and process all federal and state income tax returns and related payments and quarterly estimates.
• Oversees and handles the preparation and remittance of multi-state sales and use tax, property tax and other miscellaneous tax returns and payments
• Manages the creation of all corporate entities and handles all state business license compliance and registrations, as well as all federal and state tax account registrations
• Keep up to date on current tax legislation, procedures, and developments.
• Handles all federal, state and local tax audits.
• Approves all returns with the exception of those dealing with specialized issues that require the expertise of a corporate officer or outside experts
• Performs complex tax research and prepares research memoranda and correspondence/guidance for use by management
• Responds to various state and federal tax statements and notices, and prepares written correspondence and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
• Develops and models an understanding of firm philosophy, values and tax opinions
• Reviews tax accruals, account reconciliations, and associated working papers, as well as financial statement review
• Manages tax department administrative projects
• Establish and maintain SOX controls for a tax group
• Assumes the responsibility for the smooth flow of tax returns and continues improvement efforts
• Act as relationship manager for complex tax returns where needed
• Act as liaison with outside tax experts managing agreements, expenses and the flow of information to for compliance and tax provision purposes
• Update and manage tax calendar
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor or higher degree in Accounting or Finance;
• MST or CPA +++ and 5+ year of relevant tax experience in both public and private industry;
• Strong understanding of accounting theory;
• Knowledge of auditing practices and principles;
• Intact Software experience a plus;
• CPA with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in corporate federal and state income tax compliance required;
• Experience in the software industry preferred;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills;
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives.
• Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)