This position resides within the Analysis & Reporting group and reports to the Managing Director, Analysis & Reporting. The individual in this role will rely on in-depth technical skills to retrieve data from trading systems and prepare sophisticated reports apprising the executive management team (local and international) of trading activities, positions, profitability, and forecasted results. In addition to technical proficiency in the systems and software noted below in more detail, the successful candidate will have above-average interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate tactfully and effectively across multiple teams and levels of management, including those based in Iberdrolas European offices.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Extract, analyze, and interpret data from trading systems
- Develop and maintain sophisticated reports according to management specifications
- Analyze source data and work cross-functionally to clarify and identify and resolve data quality or reliability issues.
- Maintain a broad and comprehensive understanding of source data, including market trends and accounting effects on earnings, in order to develop reports and respond to questions
- Quickly and efficiently respond to ad-hoc reporting requests; automate other reports where possible
- Coordinate effectively between business needs and programming support if projects require additional technical expertise
- Clearly document processes and cross-train others in group as directed
- Work effectively and deliver results in a fast-paced environment where priorities and deadlines change quickly and workload includes multiple priorities and short deadlines
- Deliver continuous improvement in data representation – such as supporting the technical enhancement of existing reporting tools, and adjusting report format and presentation where needed
- Adhere to effective internal controls
- Bachelors degree in relevant field, such as IT, Economics, Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years professional experience as it relates to the job description (the company may consider a candidate with less experience at a lower level)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office 2003 and 2007 applications
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Above-average oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to liaise effectively with multiple levels of management and varying degrees of technical aptitude
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data obtained from multiple sources and platforms
- High attention to detail and accuracy, including the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to change direction quickly and manage multiple priorities; solve complex problems with minimal instruction; and function in a matrix organization • Flexibility in work hours as business needs require
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 10%
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that includes references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit and/or DMV check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A DMV check will be administered when a prospective employee will regularly operate a company vehicle. Iberdrola Energy Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Spanish language fluency
- Experience in energy trading and operations
- Experience using Sungard Aligne / Zai*net ETRM software and Sungard Zai*net Reporter
- Experience with VBA
- Experience using SQL
- Experience in Oracle BI
- Database experience
- Programming experience
- Advanced degree
- 16 months ago - save job
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...