Overview ATTENTION SEARCH FIRMS: PER TEREX POLICY WE WILL NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED RESUMES/CVs. PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR SEND CANDIDATE INFORMATION TO ANY TEREX TEAM MEMBER FOR THIS ROLE AS THEY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. IF AFTER SEARCHING ON OUR OWN WE DECIDE TO USE EXTERNAL RECRUITING PARTNERS WE WILL CONTACT THE FIRM(S) WE WANT TO ENGAGE. CANDIDATES INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE CAN APPLY ON THEIR OWN.
The Terex Tax team is a customer focused group of professionals who work collaboratively with Terex, its vendors, and customers to create standard work, stable processes and value added change. We use lean principles and prevention to create an environment in which defects are not accepted, created, or passed on. Our value of Servant Leadership interacts with the Terex Business System lean teachings so that great emphasis is placed on the role of each team member and the ability of every individual to drive organizational improvement.
The Senior Analyst, Tax position is where Tax team members transition from a preparation role to one which combines preparation with review of the preparation work of others. Interaction with finance team members worldwide as well as with other Terex functions is to be expected. As preparer competence is demonstrated with respect to increasingly complex tasks, review assignments will be added to enable the team member to prepare for a role as manager. A Senior Analyst, Tax will work in all areas of tax, including: provision, compliance, planning, international, transfer pricing, controversy and business tax. Responsibilities Key Responsibilities:
- Compile facts, movements and balances, and apply US GAAP and governing tax laws to determine tax provision amounts;
- Compile facts and amounts and use applicable tax laws to properly determine tax compliance amounts and planning outcomes;
- Research GAAP tax accounting, and US Federal and State tax issues, and reporting issues, and prepare memos detailing and supporting Terex positions;
- Produce (design and retrieve) reports from the Hyperion financial reporting system;
- Initiate, track, and review field unit data requests and provide support where needed;
- Prepare Federal and state tax work papers, estimated payments, extensions, registrations, tax returns, and audit responses;
- Assist with tax planning projects, such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, legal entity changes, and cash mobilization;
- Support field units and prepare and/or review Excel workbooks used in computing the Terex quarterly tax provision;
- Develop efficiencies by implementing paperless processes and automated templates/models to reduce time-consuming tax analyses on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Perform accrual to tax return account reconciliations, and other account reconciliations as required;
- Support automation projects, including assisting with the Terex TMS system implementation, and
- Other Tax tasks and projects as requested by managers and directors. Qualifications Level of education:
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting degree preferred)
- CPA preferred but not required
- 2-5 years professional experience.
- Significant high-level and sophisticated Excel experience required (e.g. Pivot Tables)
- Knowledge of tax preparation software (InSource/FASTTAX/Tax Series);
- Experience with tax planning and process improvement initiatives using technology solutions;
- Experience with providing tax responses to IRS IDR inquiries, including related calculations.
- Familiarity with ASC 740;
- Experience with financial accounting (Hyperion) is preferred
- Good research and writing skills;
- A detail-oriented approach that meets deadlines;
- Ability to interface with accounting, legal, and treasury teams;
- A solid work ethic, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently;
- Foreign language skills, including those in which Terex has a current major or increasing presence is a big plus.
Language Requirement: Fluent in English
Travel: Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as business needs require.
Physical Requirements of the Job: Talking, sitting, typing, writing, travelling, meeting, presenting.
Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer operating in four business segments: Aerial Work Platforms, Construction, Cranes, and Materials Processing. Terex manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, shipping, transportation, refining, energy and utility industries. Terex offers a complete line of financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. Terex uses its website to make information available to its investors and the market at www.terex.com.
Summary of highlights
- Headquarters in Westport, CT
- More than 50 manufacturing locations worldwide
- We market our products to customers in more than 150 countries
All interested candidates should apply on-line at www.terex.com/careers.
Terex team members can apply via our intranet, but if you encounter a problem contact your local Human Resources representative or the Global Talent Acquisition team.
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including 401k, medical, dental and vision.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Terex - 20 months ago
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...