This position will support A&M’s tax compliance, tax planning and partnership related tax accounting functions. The successful candidate will work with the rest of the internal tax team as well A&M’s finance, legal and human resources departments, internal business units, and outside tax counsel and tax consultants. He or she will work on a variety of domestic and international tax projects and initiatives.
- Support tax compliance function in the areas of US federal, state, local and non-US income tax return filings and extensions. Coordinate with financial accounting and IT functions to gather information needed for the preparation of tax return filings. Develop and support initiatives to streamline the data gathering process for income tax compliance, tax authority examinations and planning initiatives.
- Assist with ongoing process implementations and improvements.
- Liaise with financial accounting to compile and analyze data related to a variety of income tax and tax accounting issues, including foreign tax credits, tax provisions, and tax accounts reconciliations.
- Prepare reports to financial management pertaining to budgeting and forecasting of taxes. Review year-end partner statements and the company’s management reports to ensure that all tax accounting is accurately reported.
- Address Finance, Legal and Operations/Business Units day-to-day issues related to US federal, state, local and non-U.S. tax matters, including structuring of cross-border engagements in a tax efficient manner.
- Review and comment on tax provisions of engagement letters. Work with Legal department and Business Units as necessary to negotiate gross-up and other tax provisions.
- Interpret and support compliance with federal, state and local statutes, regulation and legislation. Interpret income tax treaty provisions and consult with local tax advisors as necessary to comply with A&M’s non-U.S. tax obligations.
- Keep abreast of changes in tax laws, regulations, and rulings by ongoing research and, if appropriate, recommend course of action.
- Assist with tax authority examinations, special projects and tax planning for both U.S. and non-U.S. jurisdictions.
- Address tax-related inquiries of A&M partners and employees.
- Work closely with and manage projects of outside advisors.
- Bachelor Degree Required, MS Taxation, CPA and/or JD preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of broad experience in federal, state and local tax in a Big 4 or corporate organization. Experience with partnership taxation and consulting industry preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent technical skills including Excel and strong research skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Alvarez & Marsal - 15 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...