Experience a tax career with more freedom to optimize value and achieve your professional goals. The Tax team at Koch Industries takes greater ownership in their roles through an enhanced knowledge that comes from in-depth interaction with the businesses they support. Here, you can participate in compliance, tax position management, planning, and business consulting for domestic or international operations. By working directly with business leaders to understand the purpose and intricacies of company transactions and procedures, each team member is better equipped to apply the appropriate standards in the most efficient way possible. Demonstrate your ability to be inquisitive and explore data to improve processes and pursue career advancement across a wide range of opportunities. Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in the world. Its businesses have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ over 60,000 people.
Koch Companies Services, LLC is a services business to support the global affiliates of Koch Industries, Inc.
The Senior Tax Manager will be responsible for the management and development of a team consisting of managers and staff. The ideal candidate will evaluate staffing needs to ensure maximum productivity and be responsible for helping drive objectives and motivating the team to get results. The ideal candidate will operate with a sense of urgency and have the ability to be a big picture, strategic thinker. The Senior Tax Manager will work with our internal accounting groups in the preparation and review of the tax accounting/reporting for federal and foreign tax compliance for the assigned Koch businesses. The successful candidate will be expected to gain an understanding of the business activities of the assigned entities to ensure proper tax treatment of business related issues. The Senior Tax Manager will be responsible for monitoring all process and procedures related to the assigned Koch business’ compliance function.
- Analyze tax return items in order to determine whether corrective action should be taken
- Analyze details submitted by operating companies to ensure support of position taken on returns and compliance with tax law
- Assist with tax provision interpretations and technical tax advice to project teams
- Review income tax return
- Contact affiliated personnel to investigate relevant facts and documents, where needed
- Consult with management to determine how the findings will affect the strategic and operating plan
- Draft written responses to tax authorities
- Build relationships and understand tax positions of various assigned Koch businesses Maintaining tax basis positions for assigned companies
Work Experience/Skills REQUIRED
- 7 + years of experience working with corporate, partnership, and international tax compliance
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting theory to ascertain potential tax ramifications of complex business transactions
- Experience with process improvement, proactively streamlining procedures and reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters, particularly federal tax provision and compliance experience
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills, as well as strong verbal communication skills
- Strong interest and aptitude for project management
- Strong compliance orientation
- Strong desire to create value within the role and responsibilities assigned
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated workpaper documentation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills Previous major CPA firm or large multi-national corporation experience
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- Masters degree in Taxation
- CPA certification
Work Experience/Skills PREFERRED
- FAS 109 accounting experience for income taxes
- Other corporate/partnership income tax experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Koch Companies Services, LLC
Koch Industries, Inc. - 20 months ago