Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”), a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Corporate Tax team. With more than 2200 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
This position will support A&M’s tax compliance, tax planning and partnership related tax accounting functions. The successful candidate will work with the rest of the internal tax team as well A&M’s finance, legal and human resources departments, internal business units, and outside tax counsel and tax consultants. He or she will manage ongoing domestic and international tax projects and identify new initiatives and tax efficiency opportunities. Position will report directly to the Director of Global Tax.
- Support tax compliance function in the areas of US federal, state, local and non-US income tax return filings and extensions. Develop and support initiatives to streamline the data gathering process for income tax compliance and tax authority examinations.
- Assist with ongoing process implementations and improvements.
- Manage and identify tax planning opportunities for both U.S. and non-U.S. jurisdictions.
- Liaise with financial accounting to compile and analyze data related to a variety of income tax and tax accounting issues, including foreign tax credits, tax provisions, and tax accounts reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of reports to financial management pertaining to budgeting and forecasting of taxes. Review year-end partner statements and the company’s management reports to ensure that all tax accounting is accurately reported.
- Address Finance, Legal and Operations/Business Units day-to-day issues related to US federal, state, local and non-U.S. tax matters, including structuring of cross-border engagements in a tax efficient manner.
- Interpret and support compliance with federal, state and local statutes, regulation and legislation. Interpret income tax treaty provisions and consult with local tax advisors as necessary to comply with A&M’s non-U.S. tax obligations.
- Keep abreast of changes in tax laws, regulations, and rulings by ongoing research and, if appropriate, recommend course of action.
- Address tax-related inquiries of A&M partners and employees.
- Work closely with and manage projects of outside advisors.
- Bachelor Degree Required, MS Taxation, CPA and/or JD preferred.
- 4-5 years of broad experience in federal, state and local tax in a Big 4 or corporate organization. Experience with partnership taxation and consulting industry preferred.
- Excellent tax research and project management skills; strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent technical skills including Excel.
Alvarez & Marsal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Alvarez & Marsal via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written and approved Service Agreement in place for this position from Alvarez & Marsal HR will be deemed the sole property of Alvarez & Marsal. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Alvarez & Marsal as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...