Put People First . There it is. Number one on our list of five core values. Rehmann's living commitment and vision is: Be THE Firm of Choice for clients and associates. The best professionals want to be part of our team and many of them already are. Our reputation and brand allow us to recruit the top candidates. Our mentoring and development systems allow us to retain them, help them excel and ultimately help them create an extremely rewarding career path.
With nearly 800 associates and 21 offices across Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Florida, Rehmann is one of the largest accounting and consulting firms in the nation, providing clients proactive ideas and solutions to help them prosper professionally and personally. Rehmann has consistently grown since its inception in 1941. For nine consecutive years, Rehmann has been named one of the 101 Best Companies to Work for in Michigan. In 2012 and 2011, Accounting Today rated Rehmann as one of the 70 best companies to work for in the US. With emphasis in auditing including SEC and not-for-profit work, local and international tax, consulting, wealth management and forensic investigative work, Rehmann continues to hire candidates seeking opportunities in audit, tax and within our Rehmann Financial division. By holding true to our corporate values, mission, vision and strategic plan, Rehmann provides diversity of work, career development, work/life balance and appreciation to our associates.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares moderate to complex tax returns, including detailed review of work
- Performs technical research and analysis
- Promotes selected tax strategies, including client presentations
- Communicates and properly documents issues and ideas that arise during preparation of tax return, including tax savings ideas.
- Supervises, develops and mentors assigned associates
- Builds and maintains client relationships
- Participates in marketing initiatives, including participation in community events and professional organizations.
- Understands clients' significant business risks (e.g. economic, market, pricing)
- Possesses a Bachelor Degree with a major in accounting or a related field; Masters Degree in Taxation, or equivalent is preferred
- CPA certification
- Has 8+ years of experience in taxation
- Demonstrates ability to establish and manage project budgets, timelines and client expectations
- Proficient in tax research and the writing of tax memos
- Demonstrates ability to identify opportunities for tax savings
- Demonstrates ability to generate regular and measureable new business with clients
Rehmann - 18 months ago
Put People First. There it is. Number one on our list of five core values. Rehmann's living commitment and vision is: Be THE Firm of Choice...