Bluestone Physician Services, was created in 2006 to meet the unique and growing needs of patients in assisted living, memory care, and group home facilities. Bluestone is designed to provide superior medical care to residential patients where they live. Our teams of health care providers and team coordinators are mobile, delivering excellent and on-going patient care in the Twin Cities area. Bluestone offers state of the art patient care, electronic medical records, and daily family access to patients. Bluestone is a rapidly growing, fast moving, excellence-oriented company which employs a team of 90 health care providers, nurses, and administrative employees. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and a unique culture to perform and grow with! We seek candidates with outstanding computer and organizational skills, strong critical thinking, and the ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment. If you are a self-starter and a high integrity team player, we invite you to explore this opportunity.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Senior Team Lead is primarily responsible for supervising Team Coordinators, ensuring quality measures, and providing ongoing training. The role performs duties such as communicating quality measures, new policies and procedures, and performance expectations. Must function both independently and be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills.
The Team Coordinator is unique role combines a variety of functions typically found in industry roles like Health Unit Coordinator, Physician Aide, Clinical Assistant, and Pharmacy Tech. This role is most focused on team organization, scheduling, team logistics, typing of patient visit notes, and serving as a key contact for nursing staff interactions. The role carries an intense workload, requires outstanding organizational and customer service abilities, and must confidently and professionally interact with physicians and nurses.
- Two-year Associate’s degree in a related field.
- Two years of experience working in the medical field interacting with care providers in an administrative capacity.
- Two or more years of experience supervising others in a health care setting
- Comfortable navigating electronic medical record systems and working with patient care notes.
- Successful track record coordinating, scheduling logistics, managing projects on-time with top quality.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to problem solve and work well under pressure.
- Computer proficient
- 60+ WPM typing, medical terminology knowledge, and understanding of patient care notes.
- Demonstrated compatibility with Bluestone’s mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.