PSI seeks experienced, dynamic candidates for the position of Senior Technical Advisor in Reproductive and Maternal Health. The Senior Technical Advisor in Reproductive Health is responsible for providing support and technical assistance to the Women's Health Project (WHP) programs in implementing post-abortion care (PAC), safe abortion and manual vacuum aspiration (MVA) services. The advisor will be responsible for providing technical assistance to PSI's WHP programs. The advisor will also provide technical guidance to non-WHP PSI platforms implementing abortion, post-abortion care, MVA and post partum hemorrhage programs, and will assist in fundraising efforts in these areas. The technical advisor will also represent PSI at national and international reproductive and maternal health meetings and conferences. Travel will be approximately 25% of time. This position will be based in Washington, DC and reports to the Associate Director Sexual and Reproductive Health and Tuberculosis (SRHT).
• Oversee and coordinate PAC, safe abortion, and MVA program implementation in WHP countries, identifying areas for development and improvement in order to expand access to quality safe abortion/PAC services and products.
• Monitor, track and support WHP programs progress in securing misoprostol registration for PAC and incorporating misoprostol in government protocols for PAC by leading strategic advocacy planning and other related activities.
• Support countries as requested to advocate for use of MA for safe abortion and misoprostol for PAC.
• Lead the coordination, management, roll out and ongoing development and improvement of WHP values exploration (VE) programming and ethical training in collaboration with VE specialist consultant.
• Oversee and coordinate the development and review of quality assurance systems for PAC, safe abortion, and MVA, including clinical protocols, quality assurance standards, and review of platform training curricula, in collaboration with SRHT Quality Assurance Technical Advisor and Clinical Consultants.
• Lead, oversee and support the programmatic roll out of MVA programming in WHP countries.
• Provide technical assistance and expertise to field and headquarters staff on reproductive and maternal health issues focusing on abortion, misoprostol/mifepristone, post abortion care, and post partum hemorrhage.
• Advocacy and representational role in international and US domestic fora to advocate for increased access to safe abortion services.
• Participate in inter-agency maternal health working groups focusing on safe abortion and PAC.
• Work with Reproductive Health (RH) team to identify and disseminate information on latest technologies and best practices, and facilitate information exchange between PSI programs.
• Respond to field requests for technical information, and provide technical assistance to field platforms focused on safe abortion, PAC and PPH to improve quality, as well as to launch programs.
• Contribute to fundraising efforts to expand PSI's work in safe abortion, PAC, MVA and PPH.
• Maintain updated information on status of PSI's maternal health programs focusing on safe abortion, PAC and PPH
• Serve as liaison between country platforms and DC procurement department to assist in timely misoprostol, MA and MVA product procurement, registration, and manufacturer negotiations.
• Review of WHP reports and preparation of PAC/MA status updates for the Foundation and senior management.
Job Description - Requirements
• Relevant master's degree (MPH, MBA, MIA); nursing, MBBS or MD degree or clinical experience in maternal health a plus.
• At least 7 years of work experience in a developing country; experience with safe abortion, PAC and/or PPH service delivery programming preferred.
• Experience in project management of maternal or reproductive health product and/or service delivery in developing countries.
• Private sector marketing experience will be considered a plus.
• Fluency in English required, and proficiency in French preferred.
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills, ability to work well with a team and passion for improving maternal health.
The successful candidate will exhibit demonstrate a proven track record in project design and management; be a creative thinker that adds value to country programs; have excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills; an interest in private sector approaches to public health, and the ability to produce results in difficult circumstances.
Please apply online at www.psi.org. No calls or emails please.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
PSI is a non-profit organization that applies commercial tools to a social mission in order to achieve measurable health impact. Since 1970,...