Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
The technical architect is responsible for developing and documenting knowledge of existing and planned solution architectures.
• Review enterprise goals, business requirements and existing solutions to understand business drivers, identify structural patterns among solutions, and establish current infrastructure requirements.
• Catalog and document infrastructure/platform requirements for a collection of existing solutions to define service requirements for a future hosting environment.
• Validate findings with key business, IT, and development project stakeholders
• Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to develop functional and service level requirements for a future hosting environment
• Collaborate within the enterprise architecture team to produce and validate technical documentation and evolve processes, standards, and guidelines.
• Mentor less experienced architects.
• 7+ years overall Information Technology experience
• 3+ years experience designing architectural frameworks using industry-standard methodologies and resolving systems integration issues
• Experience designing solutions and integrating systems using web services
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Service Oriented Architecture concepts
• Knowledge of federal information assurance requirements
• Knowledge of development platforms such as MS .Net 2.0/3.0, J2EE etc.
• Experience developing systems architecture involving distributed computing and capacity planning
• Expertise in architecture modeling
• Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools
• Bachelors Degree
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including 15 days off in your first year (timebank, including sick days), all federal holidays, a community service day, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.