Cambridge International Systems, Inc.
Cambridge designs, implements, and operates communication solutions across the United States and around the world. Cambridge creates solutions and provides services in: Network Design/Operation; RF Engineering; Satellite Communications; Surveillance and IFF Systems; Data Fusion and Intel Support; and Telephony and Transmission. Cambridge is committed to providing the expertise and customer service required to get top results. This philosophy is put into practice daily, from fusion center operations in Afghanistan to transmission and telephony services in the Caribbean. Cambridge is a woman-owned, veteran-owned, and SDB company.
Cambridge is a company that promotes a work environment that encourages professional and personal growth and a culture where each employee is respected and valued. Cambridge also values the diverse background of their employees including minorities, veterans, women, and disabled. We take pride in being a veteran friendly employer, celebrating and embracing individual differences, and providing equal opportunity to all. Cambridge International Systems, Inc. is committed to the provision of equal opportunity employment for all qualified persons in all job classifications in recruitment, selection and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability. More information can be found at www.cbridgeinc.com (EEO/AA)
Senior Technical Director
Requisition ID: 0033 3
Business Unit: Corporate
Location: Arlington, VA
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type: Top Secret desired
Serve as a Technical leader in the pursuit of multiple, comp lex telecommunications projects, initially focused on DISA customer base.
- Provide technical oversight on projects that involve complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies throughout DISA infrastructure
- Evaluate new network technologies and make recommendations regarding the integration of these technol ogies into the existing network
- Plan new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to engineering review boards for adding n ew technologies to the network
- Perform a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approac h to meeting user requirements
- Propose upgrades to existing network configurations, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being upgraded and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration a nd optimal network performance
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the engineering review boards for upgrading existing technologies.
- Experience with network analysis tools
- Works in conjunction with Cambridge ’s DISA Account Manager to b roaden and deepen existing customer relationships to gain strategic positioning as well as retain existing revenue and attain additional business ; d evelop & communicate prioritized list of strategic opportunities for target agencies ; i dentify, qualify and develop strategic opportunities and lead preparation of initial gate reviews ; develop proposals for presentation to customers , s upport capture and proposal efforts throughout the opportunity lifecycle , a ctively participate in industry associations and demonstrate the value to Cambridge through increased awareness, bid opportunities, and win effectiveness ; f acilitate agency/industry meetings with leadership team and/or account management ; Contribute to schedule of meetings for Cambridge Executive Leadership by providing access to agency executive relationships when/where neede d
- Establishes trust, rapport and creditability with client senior leadership and operational managers
- Brief Cambridge senior management on high dollar item opportunities
- BS in EE, CS, Telecommunications IT or a related field
- 10+ years of experience supporting DISA in the Network Services and/or PEO
- Demonstrated ability to interact with technicians, professionals, and executives in both industry and government
- Exceptional oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of DOD and Industry telecommunications trends and technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail, quality, and professionalism
- Strong problem solver with ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to work well in team environments
- Creative ability to think and communicate thoughts both in terms of structured narrative and visual imagery (graphics)
- IAT III certification IAW DOD8570.1M including CE certification in a network related technology (e.g. CCIE)
Monster - 2 years ago