Delivering services along with the software is a key requirement for a software vendor. These services highly contribute to the overall satisfaction of our customers. Services can be provided both in the area
of day-to-day support as well as more long-going discussions regarding system functionality, system deployment, upgrades, etc.
As a Product Specialist, you will be part of our Professional Services organisation, working
with other Product Specialist, the product development team and sales team. In this team you will assist customers on the usage of FRONT ARENA, our world class trading and risk management system. The position requires constant learning since markets and the software will evolve. Much of the time working will be on-site with customers.
The Product Specialist expertise is provided as services in FRONT ARENA delivery projects, pre- studies, upgrade projects, exchange upgrades, help desk support or other specified customer projects
in relation to FRONT ARENA. In this position we are looking for an individual to provide expert knowledge of the FRONT ARENA product from a technical perspective.
The job includes being involved in FRONT ARENA pre-studies as well as implementation and upgrade projects according to the contractual agreement with a Customer. A large part of the work is performed
on customer site. Thus, this position requires a willingness and ability to travel both domestic and international.
We are looking for candidates with a keen interest both in the financial markets and software for trading and risk management. You should have a Master's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial sector, software industry, or in a financial software technical support environment. Experience in the following fields is advantageous, but not required:
Experience with the following is required:
- Work with software implementation for customers.
- An overview knowledge of FRONT ARENA
SunGard’s asset management solutions help institutional investors, hedge funds, private equity firms, fund administrators and securities transfer agents improve both investment decision-making and operational efficiency, while managing risk and increasing transparency. SunGard's solutions support every stage of the investment process, from research and portfolio management, to valuation, risk management, compliance, investment accounting, transfer agency and client reporting.
- Software development for client-server based, object-oriented and relational database technology.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, Sybase, SQL Server and Python
- Working understanding of Capital Markets instruments both listed and OTC
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Stress tolerance, service-mindedness and teamwork orientation
- Problem-solving as well as organisational and administrative skills
- Negotiation skills and an ability to handle customer relations in a professional way
- Ability to interact with people at different levels within an organisation
- A genuine interest to understand the financial markets and its players
SunGard - 20 months ago