Are you ready to change an industry? Can you work across multiple cross-function teams to deliver best-in-class software products? Do you want to work in a can-do environment where people are committed to creating amazing end-user experiences? If so, Precor is looking for you to help drive its software development effort.
As a Technical Program Manager you will work collaboratively with members of the Product Development Team to deliver industry-changing Web applications and services. The TPM will fill the SCRUM role of Product Owner, working closely with the development team, designers, Product Managers, Project Managers, other Product Owners, and other internal stakeholders to identify, document, and prioritize business requirements to ensure Precor delivers high quality user experiences. The TPM will also help define and implement best practices for creating user-focused products with a high level of quality.
As a TPM, you are responsible for identifying and championing strategic and technical directions that will advance our cloud based applications and services. You will define requirements, write User Stories and prioritize work to allow the software development team to estimate and execute efforts to deliver on time and on our quality target. You will coordinate development efforts with internal as well as multiple third party developers and identify and manage dependencies. You will help ensure that the requirements are translated into software that meets product experience, performance, scalability, and maintainability goals.
Approach to creating products
- Drive strategy and direction of our Web applications and services.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Identify and articulate business requirements.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to identify business priorities and define release roadmaps.
- Work with designers to identify the user experience of feature areas.
- Advocate for the target audience during development to ensure the final product meets their needs.
- You can translate business needs into actionable work items (User Stories) for a team of developers or external vendors.
- You have a user-centric approach that involves brainstorming and exploring alternative solutions for enabling features.
- You can find answers to questions that haven’t ever been asked.
- You see challenging situations as opportunities – not obstacles.
- You can adapt your style to influence and motivate people across multiple functions while maintaining a positive, professional outlook.
- Your attention to detail, quality and performance is impeccable. You can change focus as needed to maintain momentum.
- You have real passion for building innovative, category-defining products with compelling user experiences and a track record for doing so on time and within budget, with a very high level of quality.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years of software development program management experience.
- 3+ years of experience with program management aspects of Web applications and services, preferably cloud-based.
- 1+ years of experience leading self-organizing development teams as a SCRUM Product Owner.
- Strong problem solving skills with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to break down requirements into User Stories.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
- Expertise with Agile development methodologies.
- Strong team player, good work ethics, commitment to quality and team work, and comfortable in a fast paced environment.
Keyword: Program Manager, Project Manager, scrum, agile, web applications, SAAS, cloud, SOA, software development
- Scrum Certified Product Owner
From: Precor Inc.
Founded in 1980, Precor is headquartered northeast of Seattle in Woodinville, Wash., with international offices in the United Kingdom,...