Senior Technical Project Manager-1202837
Senior Technical Project Manager – Managed Services
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. The Senior Technical Project Manager will be responsible for and accountable for managing an assigned portfolio of projects executed by an offshore provider in the development and delivery of complex integrated solutions. This portfolio will have multiple projects of varying size and complexity.
Successful candidates will possess strong business acumen, have customer focus, use good decision quality, have strong technical skills, develop peer relationship, bring a drive for results along with technical learning and have excellent time management skills.
This Senior Technical Project Manager is located at Auburn Hills Operations Center and reports to the Vice President of Managed Services. This position has no direct reports.
1. Oversees portfolio from original concept through final implementation.
2. Ensure portfolio's scope and objectives are accurate and complete. Works with offshore provider and provides oversight of provider on the following: assemble project team, assign individual responsibilities, develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
3. Ensure meetings, and project tracking and analysis, are occurring as required. Ensures provider adherence to industry and organizational standards, policies, principles and methodologies, as well as project deliverables.
4. Works in concert with offshore provider to manages the integration of software/services vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
5. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team and provider as needed.
6. Recommends and takes action to direct and drive the analysis and solutions of portfolio issues. Reports to a functional area manager.
7. Interacts with all areas of IT, including network services, server engineering, enterprise architecture, infrastructure services and the Data Management Office (DMO).
8. Manage client and vendor relationships relating to the portfolio on behalf of IT.
9. Provide ongoing recommendations for process improvements, innovation, and efficiencies. Develops and deploys improvements as assigned.
10. Manage to the financial budget, forecasts and schedule established for the assigned portfolio.
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Travel is not required of this position.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 10 years IT experience, or 14 years IT experience
· 6 years of technical project management and supervisory experience, including technical project and/or program leadership on large, multi-year projects with cross-functional teams
· 6 years of experience with program and/or project management and resource planning tools building and executing actionable plans
· 6 years of experience with IT development and support methodologies
· 2 years effectively executing concurrent projects of varying size, cost, technologies, complexity and risk
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth & Institutional Management. Comerica’s more than 9,200 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background check and a drug test. Upon hire, a fingerprinting check is completed.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity.
Primary Location : US-MI-Auburn Hills
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours (Example: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday): 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Comerica - 2 years ago