The Senior Technical Project Planner will coordinate national engineering, procurement, construction, operations, and corrective maintenance activities during ongoing field service activities to ensure cost, schedule and implementation goals are met. Responsibilities include:
- Provide evaluations and recommendations on costs, schedules and other factors for implementation of field services on existing or proposed wind energy facilities.
- Interface with a team of professionals who provide technical expertise and support through design, construction, commissioning and operations activities.
- Work with Regional Directors and Plant Managers to develop, coordinate, and track project implementation schedules on multiple wind energy projects.
- Track and report individual project progress performance to budget including hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that project milestones are met safely, on schedule, and within budget.
- Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and track performance of individual project responsibilities.
- Ensure that project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Provide periodic updates to Company's senior management group on work progress, capital budget, forecasting and issues affecting identified projects.
- Responsible for project controls including scope, schedule, and budget change control.
- Hold regular status meetings with project teams.
- Assist with technical due diligence on proposed projects in conjunction with other departments.
- Ensure feedback mechanisms are implemented and utilized for identifying efficiencies and improvements, including process and functional quality audits, and focusing on Company strategic initiatives.
- Ensure all relevant internal controls are followed and recommend new controls as needed.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Interface with a cross functional team to coordinate programs and new communications following a management of change procedure.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in project management as it relates to the job description in scope and magnitude.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in a team environment and interface with a broad range of departments and work groups.
- Demonstrated skill in understanding, motivating and / or influencing others in achieving program and job objectives, causing appropriate action and understanding in others.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with concurrent schedules.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PPT.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Project.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 10%.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Degree(s) in a field of study relevant to the job description.
- Project Management Certification.
- Planning and project management experience with power generation and transmission projects.
- Advanced computer skills, including Primavera, Oracle, SAP and AutoCAD software.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that includes an MV report, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...