Everbridge is a rapidly growing US company expanding internationally. We are seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to support our growing Sales and Services team in the US.
The Everbridge Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force and re-seller partners. This role is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process and designing customer solutions that include Professional Services. He/She will work in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products and services with both prospects and customers. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users while establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Sales Engineers also scope and deliver service engagements that involve customization of the Everbridge SaaS platform and system integrations. This position is a remote position preferably with a candidate based in the East coast.
- Providing product demonstrations, facilitating technical sales workshops, and conducting pilots
- Acting as a technical lead in support of large solution deployments
- Scoping field customizations and delivering functional specifications for integrations to third party systems.
- Demonstrating Everbridge REST API and answering detailed technical questions about product capability and delivery infrastructure.
- Persuading prospects that Everbridge services will best satisfy their needs in terms of quality and delivery
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 8-10 years experience in software sales and services in a field facing engineering capacity
- Working knowledge of Internet hosted applications, highly available architectures, computer security, telephony, and networking
- Strong technical background with relational data structures, XML/SOAP, middleware architectures, and REST APIs
- Java programming experience a plus
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) including experience responding to RFIs/RFPs
- Highly organized and driven by success, achievement and recognition
- Entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity and persuasive confidence
- High energy level and a “can do” attitude
- Strong time management skills with proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce.com and web based applications
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or related a plus)