The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Senior Technical Support Analyst for our Shared Serviced department who will be resident in our New York City office.
The incumbent will support specific software products used in support of critical psychometric validation, measurement, and assessment research activities performed at the College Board. This position will require comprehensive process and product knowledge in one or more of the product or service areas, including but not limited to SAS and SPSS. The incumbent must also be well versed in product support, testing, high-end desktop configuration, basic windows server administration, and end user training and support. Key to success will be a broad knowledge of End-User computing capabilities and systems including desktops, network storage, statistical analysis tools, with the ability to make technical improvements to improve User productivity over time. This position will interact with vendors, end users and other IT staff to communicate requirements in support of various service enhancements or upgrades. The position will support a staff in several locations, with the primary location being the College Board New York office, and an estimated travel of 25% to 50%.
- Defines product requirements and specifications and designs implementation of specialty COTS products according to business requirements.
- Provides project and product management support related to the implementation of products and product enhancements.
- Configures, installs, monitors, and maintains client software and provides training and support to improve end-user proficiency.
- Develops and performs training to end users of the systems.
- Provides technical support, documentation and guidance in a Tier 3 support role and works with other internal staff and vendors to resolve complex systems issues.
- Defines and performs tool configurations and documents implementations in a manner referential by other junior support staff.
- Coordinates work activities across multiple disciplines to ensure successful delivery of solutions.
- Leverages product knowledge and actively seeks the feasibility to make it an enterprise system rather than a point solution
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders and users of the product to ensure product features are well understood and that user needs are captured to ensure the needs of the business processes are met.
- Maintains a product vision and roadmap based upon business needs.
- Defines requirements, leads evaluations and makes recommendations to product owners on product changes or enhancements, as well as establishing priorities to improve efficiency and add business value. Directs staff or vendors to implement system enhancements.
- Performs other assignments as required in support of designated competency level in this area.
Related Skills & Other Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent applicable industry experience in computer science or a related subject required; plus additional related technical courses or professional training.
- Proven management or project management skills
- Prior experience with data analytics tools
- 5+ years of experience in computer systems or IT with a broad range of exposure to the end user productivity tools.
- Minimum 3 years expertise in the specific tool or tools supported.
- Familiarity with the ITIL framework.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in the use of Windows systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with various COTS products.
- Willingness/ability to work off-shifts (evening, night-time, weekend) and participate in the on-call process.
- Prior experience in requirements definition and process development.
- Proven ability to develop long term product plans.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to act independently with day-to-day minimal supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Travel required more than 25%
- Understanding of security policies and practices related to user access and data protection.
- Strong analytic and problem skills are essential.
- Requires use of a wireless handheld device.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board’s mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
From dunce to dean's list, there are three letters every high school student must learn: S, A, and T (those on the dean's list also probably...