Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 60 countries - including more than half the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation and distribution, aviation, government, and education.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 3,000 people worldwide.
Kronos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In this Senior Technical Support Engineer role you will delivers comprehensive high quality technical support on Kronos Workforce Central software to Kronos’ internal and external customer base. As a member of the team you are expected to develop your product knowledge through training, testing, working with peers and experience with customer issue. You are to deliver world-class technical and application support that promotes customer satisfaction and retention.
- Develop in-depth product knowledge on Kronos Workforce Products.
- Utilize your technical ability to prioritize support issues and respond appropriately to multiple critical situations.
- Manage difficult customer issues effectively and professionally, seeking help from management, as appropriate
- Research application questions by setting up scenarios and testing the application.
- Trouble shoot, analyze and solve complex customer issues utilizing documentation, knowledge base, bug tracking system and support staff.
- Replicating customer scenarios for configuration/environmental solutions and /or readying the issue for engineering review
- Analyzing customer configurations and thinking out of the box to resolve and/or find a work around or alternative solution.
- Provide technical expertise to conduct specific performance or functional tests associated with resolving issues regarding Kronos applications.
- Recreating, tracking and verifying product deficiencies in Kronos bug tracking system and work with engineering to pursue acceptable resolutions
- Effectively communicate with customers regarding expectations for callbacks, interactions with development, and other open issues
- Mentor, train and educate engineers on technical subject matter and problem solving skills
- Author knowledge base articles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field with 5 plus years experience in customer support working with client/server and/or Web Based technologies.
- Working knowledge of PC's, operating systems, web technologies and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems. Strong knowledge of SQL scripting and database experience with MS SQL and Oracle platforms.
- Highly motivated with excellent written & oral skills; capable of producing comprehensive clear documentation. Possess strong organizational skills; and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, flexible and work independently.
- Strong customer focus including satisfying internal and external customer demands and needs in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Technical writing processes a plus.
Kronos Incorporated - 11 months ago
Kronos knows time is money for its customers. The company makes and implements workforce management software particularly for organizations...