- Manage Linux server environments using the command line interface to troubleshoot issues.
- Project Manage Technical Launches
- Manage/Mentor junior team members
- Participate in cross department meetings
- Address Tier 3, issues quickly and efficiently by involving the appropriate resources.
- Work with developers and quality assurance teams to identify and resolve the more complicated problems.
- Document required bug fixes, end-user feature improvements along with frequent issues and/or scripted processes.
- Study and develop a deep understanding of the Socialtext product line. Maintain that understanding as the product evolves
- Provide technical guidance to customers in launching/extending their Socialtext platform
- Conceive and execute custom scripting, API integrations, and other creative solutions to integrate Socialtext into customer systems of record
- Assist Socialtext's enterprise customers in launch and support of the Socialtext solution in customer and/or Socialtext data
Located in Palo Alto, California, and established in 2002, Socialtext was the first company to deliver social software to businesses and now provides a complete social software platform and integrated suite of social applications. Recently acquired by private equity firm Bedford Funding, Socialtext is looking to rapidly expand its development capabilities, and provides competitive salary and benefits packages.
- 5 ~ 7 years experience working in a Linux/Unix environment supporting a enterprise client base.
- Linux/Unix, Programming skill sets (perl requried).
- Working knowledge of relational databases (postgresql or mysql).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Firewall, and LDAP technologies
- Experience with Rest full APIs
- Demonstrated solid judgment and customer instincts in managing problem resolutions and escalations in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to rapidly gain and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Socialtext application.
- On call availability (rare)
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
To apply, please send your resume in both Plain Text and PDF formats to: email@example.com .