Looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior Technical Support Specialist to provide first tier phone support and network monitoring for the efficient resolution of technology problems and requests.
This role is responsible for providing in-depth technical support and leading the problem-solving/troubleshooting efforts for internal customers in all domestic and international offices. The Senior Technical Support Specialist receives, prioritizes, documents, and actively resolves end user technical requests via the phone using diagnostic skills, knowledge management and help request tracking tools. In addition, this role is responsible for monitoring and responding to network and system alerts to proactively address system failures or resource consumption.
This is a work from home position and requires proven ability to work independently with limited direct supervision. The assigned shift is from 9:00am – 5:00pm EST, Monday through Thursday and Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm EST, and requires on-call weekend support on a rotated basis. Occasional travel to a Ropes & Gray office for training or other business needs.
An ideal candidate has experience providing support in a legal environment where there is high volume. The Senior Technical Support Specialist position is assigned to the User Support & IT Training Team and reports to the Manager of User Support.
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to telephone calls, e-mail and personnel requests for technical support. Track & monitor the problem to insure a timely resolution and follow-up
- Works with callers and other help desk specialists to resolve simple to complex information system problems
- Perform day-to-day activities within established service levels & metrics
- Create balanced & comprehensive strategies to achieve goals through careful preparation & organization
- Provide expert level document formatting skills in Word in support of heavy document production environment (Styles, Outlines, Numbering, Table of Contents, etc)
- Monitor types of incoming calls and common resolutions to gain knowledge of other resolution avenues
- Apply functional knowledge and troubleshooting skills to resolve issues related to problems with Blackberry devices, Remote Access capabilities (VPN, Citrix, RSA tokens, etc), Document Management system (preferably FileSite), MS Outlook (delegates, rules, etc), Hardware, Printers & other network devices (Issues are not limited to these areas)
- Assists with the proactive identification and troubleshooting network and Exchange issues through the monitoring of servers/services for failures and resource consumption.
- Participates in analysis of client trouble ticket data which may require changes to procedures, standards and systems
- Develops a knowledge of Firm's total computing environment & the quality management processes and practices
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent listening, questioning and analytical skills along with the ability to remain calm under pressure & work in a concise, clear & focused manner are necessary
- Ability to understand and assimilate to the organization's culture, philosophy and values
- Ability to demonstrate analytical problem solving skills by balancing the use of trouble shooting tools with a practical application of experience and creativity in minimal time
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations, provide excellent service in direct and indirect manner, and fulfill customer expectations
- Ability to relate to non-technical users in user-friendly language
- Ability to gauge one's strengths and limitations, escalating problems when needed, in effort to move self and others forward positively
- Ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities to meet all deadlines
- Capable of translating knowledge of approaches, tools & techniques into resolving technical (hardware, software, application) problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in an organized, disciplined and consistent manner
- Willingness to receive constructive criticism or feedback on job performance and adjust work habits as necessary
- Ability to quickly process information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to deal with changes and adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs
- Ability to work well with others, harness different skills and experience, and build a strong sense of team spirit
- Willingness to expand IT diagnostics of issues to incorporate new problem solutions into User Support
- Proactively seeks out and attends on-going training for career development
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Help Desk work in a law firm or relative experience.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or completion of a program at a recognized technical institute required
- Prior experience and proven success in a work from home capacity
- Microsoft Certified Applications Specialist Certification within 12 months of hire * Prior experience with troubleshooting enterprise and desktop applications
- Experience with network and system alert monitoring
- Experience working with a trouble ticketing system and an environment where calls are distributed via a call routing system
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Experience with Exchange 2003 and 2007 preferred
- Self starter who is a curious learner, independently motivated, professional, responsible and reliable
Ropes & Gray - 13 months ago