“At FICO, technical writers do more than write documentation. They help build world-class products.” -Hiring Manager
The Senior Technical Writer in this position will work closely with Development, Product Managers, QA and Product Documentation teams to analyze documentation requirements, with emphasis on what the customer needs to know to complete his/her job. He or she will combine excellent communication skills with extensive knowledge of current software technology and a passion for learning new and emerging technologies to design and develop deliverables to meet the requirements, as well as structuring content topics for reuse in documenting related products. The deliverables may include DITA or XML topics, DITA maps or DTDs, developer guides, API references, Help systems, user guides, functional specifications, tutorials, deployment guides, case studies, and examples, and incorporate diagrams and code samples as appropriate to illustrate targeted use cases.
- In conjunction with Documentation, Product and Development Managers, define and prioritize documentation requirements for FICO’s products and processes
- Define appropriate documentation deliverables to meet the requirements
- Develop processes and task estimates that reflect efficient methods for deliverables to be produced within required timelines
- Research, write, edit and structure assigned topics
- Coordinate the production and handoff of all final deliverables
- Manage own workload efficiently and may coordinate and assign that of other writers to meet team objectives, and consults with management on conflicting priorities as needed
- Proactively explore architectural and platform issues relevant to the products, and provide technical assistance to team members and internal clients as needed
Minimum Qualification: BA/BS degree with at least 3 years of technical writing or software development experience, or the equivalent combination of work experience and education—all candidates will be asked to provide writing samples.
Helpful Tech Skills:
- Proficient information designer in both print and online media
- Proven ability to document software components, APIs, and use cases
- Proven ability with English spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax and composition rules and a clear business/technical writing style
- Knowledge of XML or DITA
- Knowledge of XMetaL or other DITA authoring tool
- Knowledge of FrameMaker
- Knowledge of WebWorks Publisher
Why make a move to FICO?
- Knowledge of Java or another object-oriented programming language
- Familiarity with WebSphere and Eclipse
- Knowledge of EJB, .NET, or other client/server software architectures
- Familiarity with UML
- Familiarity with SOAP or other messaging technologies
At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading credit scores and other solutions, FICO is the leader in predictive analytics for banking, insurance, retail and healthcare. Our ability to drive smarter decisions is driving some of the world’s leading companies to a new level of analytics-fuelled success.
Our success is founded on really talented people – just like you – who enjoy:
Innovation – change the game for us and for our clients around the world
Teamwork – lead and learn from the very best in your field
High Performance – challenge yourself and reap the rewards of delivering results
Opportunity – grow with a global company that develops talent
FICO™ (NYSE: FICO) delivers superior predictive analytics that drive smarter decisions. Our groundbreaking use of mathematics to predict consumer behavior has transformed entire industries and revolutionized the way risk is managed and products are marketed. FICO's innovative solutions include the FICO(R) Score - the standard measure of consumer credit risk in the United States - along with industry-leading solutions for managing credit accounts, identifying and minimizing the impact of fraud, and customizing consumer offers with pinpoint accuracy. Most of the world's top banks, as well as leading insurers, retailers, pharma businesses and government agencies rely on FICO solutions to accelerate growth, control risk, boost profits, and meet regulatory and competitive demands. FICO also helps millions of individuals manage their personal credit health through www.myFICO.com. Learn more about FICO at www.fico.com.
FICO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
FICO: Make every decision count.
FICO - 19 months ago
At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading...